onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Long-term its in Smith's interest to add versatility to his game. He's never going to be a dominating centre half but he has all the attributes to be a 'plug and play' defender, capable of being dropped in anywhere across a back 4 or back 3 and performing solidly.

Clarke has immediately noticed this. Good management.

100% agree with that. To me Smithy has always been a very capable back 4 player. He is still one of the best full backs we have and as we all know, when playing alongside a good, fit centre half , he is able to fit in brilliantly.

DC has seen enough now of most of the squad to know who can perform best and where to fit them into his tactics. If Vale can secure a couple, maybe 3 really strong, experienced, younger players then we surely must be a force to contend with next season?

Advert

Looks like the slow process by the owners on appointing a new manager when leaving Pugh in charge has really paid off in what looks like getting the right man in 
next season could be good 
fair play 
Or will mean we just miss out on play offs...

Tongue in cheek and shows what a good job he has done .

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Smith does seem to go through phases of brilliant or dreadful, he has returned to his form when Champiomship clubs were looking at him. Just hope he keeps this form permanently now because I’m not sure we will get another season out of Legge and I have my doubts that Brisley will replace Legge.

I wonder if DC's decision to keep the players off social media has helped to improve their mindset.I see that Spurs and Chelsea are considering joining football's social media boycott,following the example of Swansea,Birmingham and Rangers. 

18 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I wonder if DC's decision to keep the players off social media has helped to improve their mindset.I see that Spurs and Chelsea are considering joining football's social media boycott,following the example of Swansea,Birmingham and Rangers. 

Advisable that all players stay off social media but I cannot see how it can be enforced. 

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Like any other employee who brings their business into an unwanted light.

That is stoping posts on social media. Young uns today live on social media. I cannot see how anyone can stop young footballers checking their social media accounts 

50 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

What does a boycott mean?  

Following "daily racial abuse" that their players suffer,Rangers have followed Swansea's decision for all their players and staff to boycott all social media for a week.Swansea announced that their first team and academy players would not post any content on Twitter,Facebook,TikTok, Instagram,Snapchat or YouTube for seven days.

A Rangers statement said "We know all these concerns are shared by all clubs and it is fair to say everyone is losing patience with the lack of action from social media companies".

Archived