onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

Big pat on the back for the gaffer. I really like the in game management. The changing of formation I really think the opposition struggle to cope with it. I wonder though how much of an influence Andy Crosby is having? Can we keep please persuade him to stay into next season - he seems to be our lucky charm.

Big pat on the back for the gaffer. I really like the in game management. The changing of formation I really think the opposition struggle to cope with it. I wonder though how much of an influence Andy Crosby is having? Can we keep please persuade him to stay into next season - he seems to be our lucky charm.
A lucky charm or simply a decent coach?

Really enjoying DC’s style of management. To the point, says calls a spade a spade, believes in hard work and can be prickly, so no pushover.

He has got us organised and brought some professionalism to our team. His attitude must of rubbed off onto most of the players and I believe he has inspired them.

I expect a clear out in the summer and he will now know where the pivotal positions are that require reinforcements.

Great win today, well deserved!

VTID

20 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Any sign of the Walsall fans popping back on here............. just asking

I was told pretty clearly that Walsall fans views on here weren’t welcome.

Just before I was told to sling my hook I stated that I hoped our fixture would remain a league one for many years to come.  I’m really pleased that the chances of that being the case have increased, predominantly due to your upswing in form rather than anything Clarke’s mate is doing at our place.  I hope they re-unite soon.

We have continued as we were when Clarke decided he couldn’t turn it around.  I would say we are missing Adebayo more than Clarke.  Adebayo doing really well at Luton since he left.

I think we will limp to safety but it will be tight.  Very tight.  Big clear out in the summer then “we go again” with new management and a completely new set of players.  The ones Clarke assembled (at reasonable expense) just not good enough.  But in defence of Clarke, in amongst the rubbish he unearthed a gem in Adebayo and I’m sure his sale, in addition to the security of a three year contract, hastened Clarke’s departure.

Here’s to us meeting in a promotion clash next season.  I think our respective sets of supporters deserve something to cheer about.

Walsall v Port Vale next season should be an interesting fixture. And with bumper crowds here's hoping!

I predict next season we'll be in and amongst the play-offs and Walsall will be lower mid-table unless they can get an effective manager in, or conversely make a complete balls up of recruitment. Of course my prediction may be completely off and the roles will be reversed, which is the beautiful thing about lower league football.

31 minutes ago, Swifty said:

I was told pretty clearly that Walsall fans views on here weren’t welcome.

Just before I was told to sling my hook I stated that I hoped our fixture would remain a league one for many years to come.  I’m really pleased that the chances of that being the case have increased, predominantly due to your upswing in form rather than anything Clarke’s mate is doing at our place.  I hope they re-unite soon.

We have continued as we were when Clarke decided he couldn’t turn it around.  I would say we are missing Adebayo more than Clarke.  Adebayo doing really well at Luton since he left.

I think we will limp to safety but it will be tight.  Very tight.  Big clear out in the summer then “we go again” with new management and a completely new set of players.  The ones Clarke assembled (at reasonable expense) just not good enough.  But in defence of Clarke, in amongst the rubbish he unearthed a gem in Adebayo and I’m sure his sale, in addition to the security of a three year contract, hastened Clarke’s departure.

Here’s to us meeting in a promotion clash next season.  I think our respective sets of supporters deserve something to cheer about.

Some one is a but deluded they have a good squad but since Clarke left they have gone into terminal decline as they have an inexperienced manager and an owner like Smurf .Smallsall hope they stay up but I’m unsure 

Walsalls problems are entirely down to losing their goal threat. They just dont look like scoring. Not replacing Adebayo was a poor decision. Couple that with an unproven manager, and a chairman who doesn't seem to know what he is doing just makes it harder, but im sure they will survive this season.

Let’s not have Dutton or whatever his name is when he’s sacked by Walsall. Crosby and failing that, someone from outside the club with good credentials who fits Clarke’s vision. New blood.

44 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Walsall are struggling financially, ultimately that’s why DC left them , we have been where Walsall are but now we are building behind the scenes and the future looks good under the Shanahans

Without a good chairperson even the good a club has will fade away. It may be a quick fall, it may be a slow slide. But without someone good at the helm it’s all one way. Selling off goal scorers is only the beginning.

Not many Carol’s out there. Even less in league 2.

Without a good chairperson even the good a club has will fade away. It may be a quick fall, it may be a slow slide. But without someone good at the helm it’s all one way. Selling off goal scorers is only the beginning.
Not many Carol’s out there. Even less in league 2.
Clubs can't live on fresh air, they either use income or sell players they have developed. Prem clubs do it too. A guiding light is essential.

Archived