onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

Walsall fan here. 

We’re in the mess we’re in cause of 2half years of Clarke and his terrible signings. Make no mistake about it he’s nowhere near world class ffs 😂🤣. He will find a winning formula then the next few matches change the system and squad and you will lose and be puzzled why he’s done it. Amazing how ur opinions have changed after a couple of wins. It wouldn’t surprise me if we went down with the signings he’s left us with. Lucky for you he won’t be signing any players for you. Anyway see you next season and you’ll soon have our temporary manager at vale with you ( thank god). Enjoy the wins while they last cause believe you me he’s terrible. I would rather go down and start again than have Clarke or his mastermind Dutton. 

Walsall fan here 

have I really just seen someone say Clarke and world class in the same sentence 😂😂🤣🤣

if you think changing the system every single game and dropping players in form for no reason is world class then fair enough. 
We’re in the mess we’re in cause of his poor signings that’s why we hate him. Lucky for you he won’t be signing his own players for you cause apart from 2 signings over 2 half years the rest have been conference level at best. Our temp manager now his Clarke love child and I’m guessing he’ll be at vale when he gets sacked when we lose to Southend on Tuesday. I’d rather go down and start again than have any of the current players, Clarke or Dutton anywhere near our club. Anyway keep thinking he’s world class and enjoy ur 2 wins cause the novelty will soon fade out. Box standard conference/ bottom of league2 level dross at best. We should have sacked him long before you took him. 

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Joe's made a new friend! Shame he can't read subtext.

image.thumb.png.ca5b259f4ad2ab52fad786960a59ae96.png

Their fans are deluded. Smith has spoiled them. Taken a bit of an interest in them since Clarke came in as you do. Their chairman reminds me of Smurf! He does YouTube videos informing them of “truths”. Bloke stinks more than Chesterton tip! Felt a bit sorry for them cause they are falling for his bull hook line and sinker. Then saw the bile they posted about the vale and it passed. Don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see that he is a grade a con artist. Supposedly have a top ten budget but I’d wager that it’s no where near, then their chairman sold their better players in jan with no reinvestment. Replaced them with no hope loans...where have we seen that before. They are after a director of football and I wouldn't put it past their chairman to say he’s had a call from Jose before unveiling Bruno as DOF followed by an influx of quality international superstars...  

I will call it now, they will be in serious trouble next season if they survive this one. 

I thought Walsall fans were "better off without him" and that "he would have been sacked anyway"?

Backed up exactly what I said when we hired him - he was massively overachieving with that Walsall squad. They were 6 points off the playoffs and had lost 6 games all season.

11 hours ago, Doha said:

Joe's made a new friend! Shame he can't read subtext.

image.thumb.png.ca5b259f4ad2ab52fad786960a59ae96.png

Just had a quick perusal.

There's an entire thread of Walsall fans politely emailing their chairman to sack Dutton, some of whom are calling for Holloway to be appointed.

Reams and reams of posts saying 'Typing my email now!'. Proper 'Villagers Angry at New Postbox' stuff.  

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/dutton-out/6068/103

Didn't like Clarke though. Was going to be sacked anyway. 

EDIT: These emails were 8 days ago! Brilliant. Its gotten worse since as Clarke overtakes them in the league.

They're performing mental gymnastics in that 'Pomlett is a fraud who runs us poorly and must go', but also ' Clarke was doing a bad job by having said poorly run club in 11th'. One or the other lads.

They decided to double down on 'Clarke bad' when he boarded Carol's lifeboat from a sinking ship and look more daft with every passing game. Incredible how a narrative takes hold.

14 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I also noticed the Colchester commentators said that DC likes to play football the proper way in a passing style like he did when he took Walsall there,the last few games tbf have shown us this imo

Bristol fans also said the same about him and his football,its just the Walsall fans who said he was just hoofball or were they really just a bit bitter us taking him from them with ease when they were in touching distance of the play offs??

Strange how they said he plays hoofball as when I’ve seen us play walsall recently they played some decent stuff! 

FFS! A couple of wins and he is the messiah! He started off poorly and everyone was slating him, sack him etc. Now 2 wins against Newport and Colchester who will struggle to stay up themselves and Clarke is God. Yes, he has made us more solid at the back in his time here but he still picks Robinson. We can start judging him more come the end of the season and more so after we see how he changes the squad next season.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

FFS! A couple of wins and he is the messiah! He started off poorly and everyone was slating him, sack him etc. Now 2 wins against Newport and Colchester who will struggle to stay up themselves and Clarke is God. Yes, he has made us more solid at the back in his time here but he still picks Robinson. We can start judging him more come the end of the season and more so after we see how he changes the squad next season.

Lighten up mate! It's a bit of tongue in cheek mate after an awful season. A bit of fun. I don't think he's a world class manager.

Let fans, who have spent hundreds on a dire year, enjoy a couple of wins, and learn to read sarcasm. 

Just had a quick perusal.
There's an entire thread of Walsall fans politely emailing their chairman to sack Dutton, some of whom are calling for Holloway to be appointed.
Reams and reams of posts saying 'Typing my email now!'. Proper 'Villagers Angry at New Postbox' stuff.  
https://upthesaddlers.com/t/dutton-out/6068/103
Didn't like Clarke though. Was going to be sacked anyway. 
EDIT: These emails were 8 days ago! Brilliant. Its gotten worse since as Clarke overtakes them in the league.
They're performing mental gymnastics in that 'Pomlett is a fraud who runs us poorly and must go', but also ' Clarke was doing a bad job by having said poorly run club in 11th'. One or the other lads.
They decided to double down on 'Clarke bad' when he boarded Carol's lifeboat from a sinking ship and look more daft with every passing game. Incredible how a narrative takes hold.
That's no different to how this forum is every 18 months or so!

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Ah, doesn't matter, I see you spent 6 games lambasting Clarke, comparing him to Sinnott, and then barely posted on Tuesday and didn't post today.

Makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Lighten up mate! It's a bit of tongue in cheek mate after an awful season. A bit of fun. I don't think he's a world class manager.

Let fans, who have spent hundreds on a dire year, enjoy a couple of wins, and learn to read sarcasm. 

I thin some are serious. He may be the best manager in the league but it’s far too early to say that because in 12 months time we may well have the same opinion as Walsall fans. 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Ah, doesn't matter, I see you spent 6 games lambasting Clarke, comparing him to Sinnott, and then barely posted on Tuesday and didn't post today.

Makes sense. 

2 lies in that statement and 1 truth.

I have not been slating Clarke throughout at all, yes I said he reminds me of Sinnott on the way he talks, I also said he likes to complain about things out of his control and his put down of players may not help the cause. I have also said he need time before people start calling for his head.

And the other lie is that I clearly have posted today.

It's the life of a football manager. It's a cliche and everyone says it but it's true: when the team is losing games then the manager is completely clueless, win a few and he's a genius.

I don't think it's controversial to say that he looked a good appointment on paper, had a poor start but - barring a complete disaster and relegation - was always going to be judged on next season with a fresh squad.

I will say that recently he has really emphasised how these are his players, which is good to hear that connection is there. I still expect 10-15 players to be gone in the summer but that was inevitable based on the sheer size of the squad, let alone factoring in the collapse from November to early March.

He's definitely showing his man management skills now. He can call out and criticise players without alienating them, which is good. Clarke doesn't have a set philosophy other than getting the best out of the players available to him, which is something I like. If recruitment isn't one of his strengths then we now have recruitment team with Flitcroft and whoever else to help him out. With a good budget we should have high expectations for next season.

Archived