onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

The super Walsall that have won only 8 with Clarke in charge all season with 2 of those victories against the Vale ?

Hahaha...the same super Walsall that have STILL only won 8, despite Walsall fans blaming DC for them being only 11th!

19 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree but it does show Carol has put the money in. It may not be the quick fix we want and I think it will take a year to reap the benefits but it is certainly better than just Askey. 

My biggest concern is that Askey may well have been a better man manager and coach than Clarke, even if he was hopeless at buying players. 

If that is the case we very well may go down.

You make a valid comment but it's difficult to attract players when your hands are tied financially.

I have always made my feelings clear and I now feel more vindicated than ever.
I wish Carol would have put her money in when we needed it for signing players, but instead, she cut the budget.

I see DC& Flitcroft as cheap charlatans in their operations but expensive to employ (from what I have seen so far).  Let's give them time to see what they can come up with instead of a list of excuses. We haven't even had the new manager short-term 'bounce'.  I'm still hoping it is around the corner!

2 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Why are you talking about Askey?

Because you do your best to make out that we shouldn't have sacked Askey. It's been your theme for a while, now - as others have pointed out, recently! Name-calling isn't clever, either - it's just childish. As you well know - or ought to - we haven't yet won any under DC. I expect this to change, sometime soon...which I didn't think would happen with Askey. 🙃

Just now, Eddie Ford said:

We should got rid of Askey long before we did. No idea in any of my posts where I mention Askey

Please accept my apologies for calling you a little twinkle, hope it’s not messed you up too much

It would take a better man than you to mess me up. And insincerity is not a nice quality. As for the pro-Askey posts, it may have been some other poster...in which case I sincerely apologise. 

27 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The following shows how good Stevenage have become recently... people expected us to get points there just because they are Stevenage.

The run of games DC has had to start is horrendous... let’s see where we are after 5 more 

972E776C-3B1B-4A0C-AC3F-2933F4ADD679.jpeg

085FDDDC-ACFB-4FA8-9293-447414DB52BD.jpeg

Have the teams below us got a dressing room thats as one fighting for the cause ? Its those teams that scrap out results and my horrible feeling is that our players are just going through the motions the majority know that they wont be here next season they hear what DC says but it goes in one ear and out the other

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Have the teams below us got a dressing room thats as one fighting for the cause ? Its those teams that scrap out results and my horrible feeling is that our players are just going through the motions the majority know that they wont be here next season they hear what DC says but it goes in one ear and out the other

Agree Mario most must know they are on the way out . Unfortunately they are not clever enough to realise that they are playing for their future, be it  elsewhere. Lets be honest the Vale team look like a Fred Carno tribute act. 

The only Scouts watching our players will be wearing Woggles and short trousers.

3 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Our fans are such dinosaurs we actually deserve to be bottom of the 4th division forevermore

Ah we deserve to be bottom of the 4th division because we have a different view on a DOF. Get a bloody grip. As I posted earlier I guess the other 75% of teams are all dinosaurs then as they don’t have a DOF. It may work it may not. People thinking that getting a DOF when we are in the middle of a Covid 19 and funds are supposedly tight and more importantly it the midst of a relegation battle don’t deserve the club to be in this position. 

I suppose just because you like a DOF that means you deserve the club to be in the premiership because it is sooooo forward thinking?  

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The following shows how good Stevenage have become recently... people expected us to get points there just because they are Stevenage.

The run of games DC has had to start is horrendous... let’s see where we are after 5 more 

972E776C-3B1B-4A0C-AC3F-2933F4ADD679.jpeg

Impressive how they’ve turned it around. They were truly dreadful when they beat us earlier in the season. Probably a decent point given their form but still a lacklustre showing. Wonder if the signing of ex vale chris lines has had an impact on their form, looked streets ahead of our midfield 

Walsall fan in peace. 

A crying shame what is happening at both of our clubs just now.  Twenty years ago we were playing each other in the second tier, now here we both are on the fringes of a fight for our league status.  No joy in any of that for anyone.

Clarke is seen by us lot as an odd choice for you to poach.  You’ll have seen many Walsall fans in slight disbelief that we got paid compensation rather than having to pay him on his way out. I understand what your board see in him.  We were delighted with his appointment when he joined and we loved his straight talking no nonsense approach.  He was given a decent budget and brought in five experienced players who were to combine with youngsters to navigate our way out of this league in the right direction.  It obviously went very wrong.  He had a bit of bad luck with injuries but 80% of it all going wrong was him.

He tactically twists and turns as much as he does verbally.  Pretty rubbish footballers trying to get their head around formation number three in a game and formation twelve in a month.  To begin with you enjoy him frankly calling out unacceptable performances and even individuals.  You then realise he is happy for a torch to be shone every which way but at himself.

He said he left us because you had a better squad.  Debatable, but our squad are 95% his signings as is his old assistant who is now enjoying a similar start in his new job to the guy he worked alongside from Salisbury onwards.  

I hope that when Flitcroft or whomever interviewed him, they asked him how he likes the game played - his football philosophy if you will.  I’d love to know the answer beyond “winning - it’s about winning, I’m a winner, I get out of bed to win” like one of those awful Apprentice candidates.  

I genuinely hope to be at Vale Park for a league fixture next year and it would be a better occasion if we were both at the right end of things.  If in the meantime you spot the “Clarke way” please post it on here because it really is a conundrum we never got to solve in eighteen long months.

4 hours ago, Swifty said:

Walsall fan in peace. 

A crying shame what is happening at both of our clubs just now.  Twenty years ago we were playing each other in the second tier, now here we both are on the fringes of a fight for our league status.  No joy in any of that for anyone.

Clarke is seen by us lot as an odd choice for you to poach.  You’ll have seen many Walsall fans in slight disbelief that we got paid compensation rather than having to pay him on his way out. I understand what your board see in him.  We were delighted with his appointment when he joined and we loved his straight talking no nonsense approach.  He was given a decent budget and brought in five experienced players who were to combine with youngsters to navigate our way out of this league in the right direction.  It obviously went very wrong.  He had a bit of bad luck with injuries but 80% of it all going wrong was him.

He tactically twists and turns as much as he does verbally.  Pretty rubbish footballers trying to get their head around formation number three in a game and formation twelve in a month.  To begin with you enjoy him frankly calling out unacceptable performances and even individuals.  You then realise he is happy for a torch to be shone every which way but at himself.

He said he left us because you had a better squad.  Debatable, but our squad are 95% his signings as is his old assistant who is now enjoying a similar start in his new job to the guy he worked alongside from Salisbury onwards.  

I hope that when Flitcroft or whomever interviewed him, they asked him how he likes the game played - his football philosophy if you will.  I’d love to know the answer beyond “winning - it’s about winning, I’m a winner, I get out of bed to win” like one of those awful Apprentice candidates.  

I genuinely hope to be at Vale Park for a league fixture next year and it would be a better occasion if we were both at the right end of things.  If in the meantime you spot the “Clarke way” please post it on here because it really is a conundrum we never got to solve in eighteen long months.

Straight question.  Why the obsession with your previous manager?  Move on.

Archived