onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

3 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Judge Clarke next season on his signings when they wont be his signings 

I will judge Clarke on his ability to use Vale players to the best of their abilities and so improve the performance of the club. I would expect him to have an input into the type and mix of player for first team duties, maybe a  few  personal choices , if not I would expect him to resign.   Not that I am privy to the job descriptions of the DOF and First Team Manager.

Advert

6 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, grand prix pants said:
I’d suggest that Sir John’s role is absolutely minimal. He’s an old fella now. I hope he’s not been anywhere near the club for the last 12 months,

Sir John just goes there so he's not sat at home rotting away with retirement

And so he doesn’t have to go shopping with his missus. 

3 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:
3 hours ago, Wrex said:
At least with a manager, director of football, head of recruitment, scouting team and a football adviser we don't have any reason to blame Colin Garlick, Carol's lad or Frank Sinclair for any toss signings.

But I'm sure some will.

To be fair Fred, he will have had a full 3 weeks by tomorrow.  

All he needs to do is follow all the sound advice on here, get the best out of the players he is unable to pick because they are injured, and exclude every player that should be ‘nowhere near the team’ which will leave him less than a handful of players to pick.

Simples😉

51 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

How do you think he is doing so far with the Vale players?

Maybe Tuesday night will  provide an insight,  it has been spade work up to now with the  players available. Bottom half teams don`t  usually take points  off top 6 teams as with the last 3 games.  So expecting improvement  in the next game.

51 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Maybe Tuesday night will  provide an insight,  it has been spade work up to now with the  players available. Bottom half teams don`t  usually take points  off top 6 teams as with the last 3 games.  So expecting improvement  in the next game.

Why? Will we have new players?

On 25/02/2021 at 07:32, saddlesore said:

Yes, Clarke is very good at saying what fans want to hear. Unfortunately it's been a very long time since results consistently backed those words up.

Looks like there's a pattern emerging already here. Blaming fitness. Then it will be something else, then something else. His arrogance doesn't allow self blame, he'd rather make the faux pas of blaming his players in interviews to the public.

Since leaving us he has compared two squads, stating you have more experience, and that he was working with a development squad with us. Yes Darrell because you spunked the budget on your ageing Brizzle love children and spent a fortune on a clearly unfit and overweight captain, with little motivation for anything other than eating McDonald's. Three windows to sort it out and we got worse each time.

Whatever he did at Rovers is irrelevant. They had a large (comparative) budget and were riding on momentum with players he knew. When he had to replace those, he couldn't. Primarily because he gets whatever players he can, with no thought for where needs strengthen, then faffs around with the formation every week. Our players look more organised in a week already, and hopefully results will follow 

Good luck! I look forward to reading the similar comments now and in the near and distant future. 

P.S. you can call this bitterness or whatever else you like, but the relief of Clarke leaving without having to pay him off was overwhelming amongst fans and the local media. However, his likeable personality allows him to get away with his failings.

Hmmm...Super Walsall haven't done great since he left...you'd have thought they would?

10 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

The super Walsall that have won only 8 with Clarke in charge all season with 2 of those victories against the Vale ?

The Walsall that are so strapped for cash that they sold their best players from under the manager's nose. That's why Darrell Clarke jumped at the chance of coming here.

Archived