onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

6 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I admire the let's keep the back door closed approach to games but it only takes a wonder hit and the games lost like yesterday or a shot deflecting in ,I'd like see us being more go for it initially then when you are ahead by a few bring in the not conceding mentality in .

His he brave enough do that I mean Legge taking long throws not a one caused mayhem in there box and surely you want Legge in there and Rodney up front move him to the wing he seems to do more there coming in than a striker who on evidence of last few games is hardly involved enough be a danger to our goal nevermind the oppositions.

Get it sorted Clarke UTV 

Strange that Legge long throws have returned. Never used for ages when Pope was in the team🤔🤔

On 26/02/2021 at 18:10, Andy Proctor said:

When Clarke took over he said this squad is massively under achieving and then he said that this vale squad is better than what he had at walsall. Within a week of working with them he has now said this vale squad lacks any quality.

In fairness, put the likes of Oyeleke, Worrall, Amoo and Pope in the side and we'd probably be sitting here having won 2 out of the 3 games he's been in charge, and everyone would be somewhat optimistic once again. I've said it before so many times, one or two players makes a big difference for just about any side in this league. I genuinely can't remember the last time we were able to field what many would consider anything like our best starting 11.

I think the contrast between Norman and Carol is massive and I don't think anyone should really say that they are similar.

However listening to Clarke's pre match interview before Cambridge I couldn't help but be reminded of Smurfwaite. Other than the fact he could string a coherent sentence together he showed a huge amount of disrespect to Phil Bowers, who was just someone trying to do his job. He was rude & interrupted him and reacted to innocent questions as if they were underhanded insults.

6 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

However listening to Clarke's pre match interview before Cambridge I couldn't help but be reminded of Smurfwaite. Other than the fact he could string a coherent sentence together he showed a huge amount of disrespect to Phil Bowers, who was just someone trying to do his job. He was rude & interrupted him and reacted to innocent questions as if they were underhanded insults.

The main problem when Smurthwaite was being interviewed was that he lied out of his arse. But I remember before he completely drive the club off a cliff some people were supportive of his "controversial" way of answering questions.

At the end of the day it's the results that matter. When we were getting promoted from League Two and midtable in League One the average fan didn't mind that Smurthwaite was a drunken arse during interviews, or that he separated the ground and club, made absolutely mental decisions, got caught lying or lied and insulted staff and fans.

I dare say Bristol Rovers fans had no problem with Clarke's interview style. But it rubbed Walsall fans up the wrong way as they bounced around in midtable for a year or two. I'm guessing if we are in the play-offs next season it won't be a problem for us, whereas if we aren't then more people will be irritated by it.

48 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think the contrast between Norman and Carol is massive and I don't think anyone should really say that they are similar.

I agree that Clarke's interview style is to almost interrupt on all the questions asked. He does it on every interview. Although I'm not too bothered if he gets us results. 

49 minutes ago, Wrex said:

The main problem when Smurthwaite was being interviewed was that he lied out of his arse. But I remember before he completely drive the club off a cliff some people were supportive of his "controversial" way of answering questions.

At the end of the day it's the results that matter. When we were getting promoted from League Two and midtable in League One the average fan didn't mind that Smurthwaite was a drunken arse during interviews, or that he separated the ground and club, made absolutely mental decisions, got caught lying or lied and insulted staff and fans.

I dare say Bristol Rovers fans had no problem with Clarke's interview style. But it rubbed Walsall fans up the wrong way as they bounced around in midtable for a year or two. I'm guessing if we are in the play-offs next season it won't be a problem for us, whereas if we aren't then more people will be irritated by it.

I never liked Smurthwaite, from his first public interview when he said he was a Sunderland fan onward. I wonder if Clark is insecure, that is why he comes across as rude.

I personally feel it is way too early to be judging the new management team. I’ll admit I think Askey is probably a nicer guy than Clarke but we needed change and Carol did the right thing. 

We look more disciplined under Clarke which won’t address our need for creativity but then that will only come from signing more creative players in midfield. 

I overall feel better oddly about the way the club is going despite our recent struggles. I originally felt all the community stuff including charitable work was a sign of a lack of commitment by Carol, who wanted to run a charity and use the club as a vehicle for that. 

The investment in the new management team completely disproves that view. I genuinely believe it will take is forward...the question is how far? 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I never liked Smurthwaite, from his first public interview when he said he was a Sunderland fan onward. I wonder if Clark is insecure, that is why he comes across as rude.

Wasn’t it Coventry? Fairly sure he walked on the Vale park pitch with their scarf. What was mind blowing is...we cheered him! 

Guy could do anything when we were doing well. 

Maybe. Micky Adams was similar sometimes in interviews. If you read his autobiography he says his dad was a bully and it seemed that really affected him and gave him something of a chip on his shoulder

Would not call him rude, he is confident and comes across as abrasive but that’s not a bad thing as a manager. One thing for sure he has his work cut out, with the current squad 

59 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Wasn’t it Coventry? Fairly sure he walked on the Vale park pitch with their scarf. What was mind blowing is...we cheered him! 

Guy could do anything when we were doing well. 

In his first public interview before he bought the club I am fairly sure he was described as a Sunderland fan. Only later did he become a Coventry fan.

Archived