onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

I think Pugh was the right choice, I have seen nothing in the new management team that inspires me with confidence. Talk is cheap.

The same Pugh that:

1. Didn’t want the job
2. Acknowledges he wasn’t ready for the job
3. Is currently horribly under qualified for the job

That guy?

Advert

12 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think Pugh was the right choice, I have seen nothing in the new management team that inspires me with confidence. Talk is cheap.

I scoffed at this but Clarke would almost certainly take Pugh's record of two wins after seven games right now.

But Clarke has a plan and I'm not sure what Pugh's plan was. It's a simple plan of keeping clean sheets and building from there but it is a plan.

Plus he's not afraid to play Legge and balls to any consequences in terms of contract extensions. I think Pugh was too much of a company man and concerned with lumbering the new manager with an ancient centre-back on a big wage.

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The same Pugh who helped Askey with others who put this squad together and trained them to be footballers come on get real clark is spot on with his views on this shower.

27 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I scoffed at this but Clarke would almost certainly take Pugh's record of two wins after seven games right now.

But Clarke has a plan and I'm not sure what Pugh's plan was. It's a simple plan of keeping clean sheets and building from there but it is a plan.

Plus he's not afraid to play Legge and balls to any consequences in terms of contract extensions. I think Pugh was too much of a company man and concerned with lumbering the new manager with an ancient centre-back on a big wage.

I think you're so right about Legge, one player who seems to have sorted himself out under  our new manager.

I hope I am wrong but I don't get a good feeling about the things Clarke says, I don't doubt that he wants to win but I am not sure he can motivate the players any better than Danny. At the moment he seems to be just messing about and blaming everything except his own actions,  including the previous manager.

I hope I am wrong but I don't get a good feeling about the things Clarke says, I don't doubt that he wants to win but I am not sure he can motivate the players any better than Danny. At the moment he seems to be just messing about and blaming everything except his own actions,  including the previous manager.

Because the previous manger left us with a poor non league standard squad and only recruited his mates. If we go down it’s solely on Askey.

4 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

Because the previous manger left us with a poor non league standard squad and only recruited his mates. If we go down it’s solely on Askey.

Don't be ridiculous. The squad is more than good enough to stay up. And our current manager has already said the squad is a better standard than Walsalls, so going down would not be Askeys fault. Yes the recruitment was not good enough, but it's not an excuse for going down. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You also thought that Dan Turner was worth a new contract, and thought that Ryan Lloyd was a decent signing! Your track-record on thinking isn't too great!

Im not sure the swapping and changing will help us every game. I know there's a lot of games and resting players like Gibbons is fair enough but I'd like to see more of a settled side. Like a previous poster said it's not a pre season. We have looked better defensively since DC has come in so hopefully we can build on that and get some goals.

15 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

I think that would only be the case if Askey was in charge the whole season.

If we go down then a significant part is due to JA and summer recruiting but you could also factor in two other managers (one interim, one permanent) have been in charge for half a season and delays in the permanent appointment missed any chance of a new man using the January window.  

I'd say JA would be a significant factor, perhaps the most important factor, but not the only factor.

Don't be ridiculous. The squad is more than good enough to stay up. And our current manager has already said the squad is a better standard than Walsalls, so going down would not be Askeys fault. Yes the recruitment was not good enough, but it's not an excuse for going down. 

Correction. The first 11 is ok but there is a massive drop off of when any first choice player Is unavailable. What was the plan?

3 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

You also thought that Dan Turner was worth a new contract, and thought that Ryan Lloyd was a decent signing! Your track-record on thinking isn't too great!

Is Whitehead any better than Ryan Lloyd? Turner scored 3 goals in 7 league appearances for Vale, better stats than most of our current strikers.

34 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Is Whitehead any better than Ryan Lloyd? Turner scored 3 goals in 7 league appearances for Vale, better stats than most of our current strikers.

If we are going on appearances didn't he score 3 in about 35?? not sure but his best spell to date was at Kidsgrove where he got 5 in 4 games,now i think he has had 4 clubs in 4 seasons currently at Leamington.

He is still only 22 though

I admire the let's keep the back door closed approach to games but it only takes a wonder hit and the games lost like yesterday or a shot deflecting in ,I'd like see us being more go for it initially then when you are ahead by a few bring in the not conceding mentality in .

His he brave enough do that I mean Legge taking long throws not a one caused mayhem in there box and surely you want Legge in there and Rodney up front move him to the wing he seems to do more there coming in than a striker who on evidence of last few games is hardly involved enough be a danger to our goal nevermind the oppositions.

Get it sorted Clarke UTV 

Archived