onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

He's said a lot, been critical of fitness and the recruitment. and he's bang on the money. He's saying it how he sees it, long may it continue. Much prefer his open style to the guff every single vale manager since Micky comes out with. I wouldn't say he's making excuses, I'd say he's calling it for what it is.

To Phil Bowers question of "Do you have an idea of what you want to do to cover that area (of defensive midfielder) DC said."I wouldn't be a manager if I didn't have an idea would I?So come on let's talk common sense.There are going to be ideas aren't there?"

Reminds me of somebody?

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

To Phil Bowers question of "Do you have an idea of what you want to do to cover that area (of defensive midfielder) DC said."I wouldn't be a manager if I didn't have an idea would I?So come on let's talk common sense.There are going to be ideas aren't there?"

Reminds me of somebody?

But in this instance, it's true. He wouldn't be doing his job, if he didn't have an idea about what he wants to do. As would you or I if we had his job.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Reminds me of somebody?

Gannon???

Comes across as blowhard in my opinion. I hope I am proved wrong. Same as Flitcroft. Member of my family worked as a sports reporter on the Barnsley Chronicle. They did not have a good word to say about Flitcroft. Although they did say they had a good word for him. Which if I posted on here would get me banned. We should have stuck with John Askey, at least until we are allowed back in the ground. The owners have sacked a good manager from the area and brought in a couple of football mercenaries. Thought they were making us into a community club. "Here comes the new boss she's the same as the old boss"

11 hours ago, Robbie_Williams_Dad said:

We should have stuck with John Askey, at least until we are allowed back in the ground. The owners have sacked a good manager from the area and brought in a couple of football mercenaries. 

1 win in 13 including cup defeat at home to a club so small I'm not sure off the top of my head what league they're in. No we really bloody shouldn't have kept him, it was getting worse every week. Nice guy, technically limited.

at least until we are allowed back in the ground

We'd be cheering on Askey's 433 with mills at RB and Whitehead in the middle against Solihull Moors next season if you'd gotten that wish. 

40 minutes ago, Robbie_Williams_Dad said:

Comes across as blowhard in my opinion. I hope I am proved wrong. Same as Flitcroft. Member of my family worked as a sports reporter on the Barnsley Chronicle. They did not have a good word to say about Flitcroft. Although they did say they had a good word for him. Which if I posted on here would get me banned. We should have stuck with John Askey, at least until we are allowed back in the ground. The owners have sacked a good manager from the area and brought in a couple of football mercenaries. Thought they were making us into a community club. "Here comes the new boss she's the same as the old boss"

Replacing any manager is full of risk.  Only time will tell regarding Flitcroft and Clarke, just as it did with Askey.  There's only so long you can be patient and it was quite obvious from the players demeanour that time was up.  Once the January window had closed, the argument could equally be whether or not we'd have been better off sticking with Pugh until the end of the season.

Askey is the whole reason we’re in this mess and if we drop out the league it’s 100% on his head due to his unbelievably lazy recruitment!

Archived