onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

In fact lets dig into this a little further.

You Clearly wanted Adams... you were obsessed.

Lets look at his first 2 months in charge of Morcambe.

Drew 1-1 with Crawley

Lost 5-0 to Crewe

Drew 1-1 with Carlisle

Lost 3-0 to Plymouth

Won 2-1 with Newport

Lost 1-2 to Oldham

Lost 1 -0 to Cambridge

Lost 1-0 to Bradford

So 2 draws and 2 spankings against teams the the top in his first 4 games... followed by 1 win and 3 losses in the next 4 would you have deemed that good enough?... would that have given you warning signs? Would you have been on here saying Adams isnt right and you are worried?

No... weird agenda. Get over it and wait to see what DC and Flickers do over summer. 

If its rubbish then... moan away and fill your boots, I will probably join you. But to do it after 2 games in a week and a half is just an agenda. 

I was also someone who had Adams as my first choice and still would of liked him but i wont go on a one man crusade to crucify Clarke,i am very optimistic over Clarke and am looking forward to the summer,i have give up on this season so aren't that fussed if he trials formations(as long as we stay up of course). Also i have to be honest i wont be listening to what Walsall fans tell us...he left them and they have 1 draw and 2 defeats since

Just to add i am sure when Askey came in with Aspins squad and not his own he lost his first 4 games in charge and drew the next

Advert

5 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

I admire his fight and honesty. I'm a little concerned about calling the players out all the time and he seems to be quite arrogant. Little more humble imo as all that can back fire big time. Ie losing the dressing room and setting your self up for a fall and stress if things don't go right.
Other than that time will tell. One things for sure, we can't keep finding ourselves in this new manager, clear out, get players in, put this season behind us and push next season cycle. Its tiresome and seems to be endless, year after year atm

What i will say there is that Adams used to call players out as well as putting them all on the transfer list and being honest imo he could come across as arrogant... if clarke does as well as he did that will do for me,i dont mind arrogance or  confidence in your ability tbh

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

If we just about scramble to a lead of 50 we will need to be something like 10-3 to have a chance. Not impossible on this pitch but surely India are good enough to have just one player bat sensibly and reach 30 which wins the game for them.

We really are a joke when it comes to batting against spin. We're so bad it's actually amusing.

Yer and that Guthrie... usually hangs around at the crease for an hour and a half, looks good but just doesn’t get enough runs.

and why doesn’t brown come up to the stumps more often ?

10 hours ago, saddlesore said:

Looks like there's a pattern emerging already here. Blaming fitness. Then it will be something else, then something else. His arrogance doesn't allow self blame, he'd rather make the faux pas of blaming his players in interviews to the public.

Since leaving us he has compared two squads, stating you have more experience, and that he was working with a development squad with us. Yes Darrell because you spunked the budget on your ageing Brizzle love children and spent a fortune on a clearly unfit and overweight captain, with little motivation for anything other than eating McDonald's. Three windows to sort it out and we got worse each time.

Whatever he did at Rovers is irrelevant. They had a large (comparative) budget and were riding on momentum with players he knew. When he had to replace those, he couldn't. Primarily because he gets whatever players he can, with no thought for where needs strengthen, then faffs around with the formation every week. Our players look more organised in a week already, and hopefully results will follow 

Good luck! I look forward to reading the similar comments now and in the near and distant future. 

P.S. you can call this bitterness or whatever else you like, but the relief of Clarke leaving without having to pay him off was overwhelming amongst fans and the local media. However, his likeable personality allows him to get away with his failings.

You're right you do sound bitter. Are you really suggesting Walsall wanted to sack him but couldn't afford to pay him off?

Our team has look more organised in two games than we have already this season since Clarke has been in charge. I'm unconcerned about signings, Clarke won't be doing them its the DOF. His job at PVFC is to coach the team to win football matches. His record suggests he can do that. Time well tell but it doesn't half create a great rivalry between us. Bring on next season when fans are allowed back and it will be a great atmosphere.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Great post and after only 2 games in and 10 days in the job, I can already see the warning signs that the Walsall fans had told us about on the day he became the Vale manager. In particular everything revolved around the Stevenage game where no one could work out what formation was being played I one of the worst performances for quite a while.

The only difference this time is that we have a Director of Football who will be in charge of identifying players and no so much the manager.

Im still hoping we get a Bristol Rovers Clarke and not a Walsall Clarke but for me we currently have the Walsall Clarke which fingers crossed will change in the summe

Is this is a joke?

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

What i will say there is that Adams used to call players out as well as putting them all on the transfer list and being honest imo he could come across as arrogant... if clarke does as well as he did that will do for me,i dont mind arrogance or  confidence in your ability tbh

Nothing wrong with calling out the whole team. He said they put the effort in but didn't show the quality they're capable of. It's singling players out for harsh public criticism that is wrong, and he hasn't done that. At least not yet.

11 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Great post and after only 2 games in and 10 days in the job, I can already see the warning signs that the Walsall fans had told us about on the day he became the Vale manager...

I suspect you're still seeing the legacy of John Askey's squad, and the lack of confidence therein, rather than anything Walsall/Bristol Clarke? There are undoubtedly problems with fitness - how often have we said that over the last few years? So many times we have wondered why other teams look fitter, and last games longer than we do? Throw into that the FACT that we have rushed players back after injury, because we have needed them so much! 2 games and 10 days is not much on which to form an opinion.

Time will tell for DC, but I wish that he wouldn't keep stating the obvious to us regarding Askeys poor signings and set up. We know all about it. If he turns us in to what he says we're going to be everyone will be delighted,  but until then, he should concentrate on the job in hand and show a bit of class by choosing his post match comments with a little more decorum. 

14 hours ago, saddlesore said:

Yes, Clarke is very good at saying what fans want to hear. Unfortunately it's been a very long time since results consistently backed those words up.

Looks like there's a pattern emerging already here. Blaming fitness. Then it will be something else, then something else. His arrogance doesn't allow self blame, he'd rather make the faux pas of blaming his players in interviews to the public.

Since leaving us he has compared two squads, stating you have more experience, and that he was working with a development squad with us. Yes Darrell because you spunked the budget on your ageing Brizzle love children and spent a fortune on a clearly unfit and overweight captain, with little motivation for anything other than eating McDonald's. Three windows to sort it out and we got worse each time.

Whatever he did at Rovers is irrelevant. They had a large (comparative) budget and were riding on momentum with players he knew. When he had to replace those, he couldn't. Primarily because he gets whatever players he can, with no thought for where needs strengthen, then faffs around with the formation every week. Our players look more organised in a week already, and hopefully results will follow 

Good luck! I look forward to reading the similar comments now and in the near and distant future. 

P.S. you can call this bitterness or whatever else you like, but the relief of Clarke leaving without having to pay him off was overwhelming amongst fans and the local media. However, his likeable personality allows him to get away with his failings.

He might be crap but he took six points off us.

18 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

When Clarke took over he said this squad is massively under achieving and then he said that this vale squad is better than what he had at walsall. Within a week of working with them he has now said this vale squad lacks any quality.

Hasn’t he said the quality in the 2 games hasn’t been good enough? That’s a different statement than saying the squad lacks quality. 

17 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Hasn’t he said the quality in the 2 games hasn’t been good enough? That’s a different statement than saying the squad lacks quality. 

He stated before that it was under achieving.

I know. But I don’t think he’s said it lacks quality as was intimated earlier. 

Archived