onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

A kick up the arse is a good thing here and there. A relentless kick up the arse isn't

I really hope he does well with us.

Have to say so far though I am not a fan of his talking style. Does come over a bit arrogant and already seems to be lining up excuses by blaming previous manager for player fitness and recruitment. Might be the case but I would have preferred if he just sorted it out without pointing fingers and kept this thought to himself- just my view

Advert

Hi folks,

Just slightly off topic but to point out the rules.

This is a forum and people will disagree with each other. 

When you joined the forum you agreed with the terms and conditions which explained you should not use swearing and personal insults if you disagree with someone. 

If you find you cannot get on with another user there is an "Ignore" feature which is explained at the bottom of every page. 

If you feel another user has engaged in personal abuse please report their post (again explained at the bottom of every page). The admin team will review and take appropriate action.

Thanks,

Rob

10 minutes ago, robf said:

Hi folks,

Just slightly off topic but to point out the rules.

This is a forum and people will disagree with each other. 

When you joined the forum you agreed with the terms and conditions which explained you should not use swearing and personal insults if you disagree with someone. 

If you find you cannot get on with another user there is an "Ignore" feature which is explained at the bottom of every page. 

If you feel another user has engaged in personal abuse please report their post (again explained at the bottom of every page). The admin team will review and take appropriate action.

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks Rob

4 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Great post and after only 2 games in and 10 days in the job, I can already see the warning signs that the Walsall fans had told us about on the day he became the Vale manager. In particular everything revolved around the Stevenage game where no one could work out what formation was being played I one of the worst performances for quite a while.

The only difference this time is that we have a Director of Football who will be in charge of identifying players and no so much the manager.

Im still hoping we get a Bristol Rovers Clarke and not a Walsall Clarke but for me we currently have the Walsall Clarke which fingers crossed will change in the summer

It doesn't really matter if we had a Klopp/Guardiola combo right now. Our squad on the whole is hopeless and until at least 50% of it is shipped out one way or another, not a lot is going to change. If the manager makes us hard to beat and we don't lose many games from now until the end of the season then he will have done a pretty grand job all things considered.

Walsall fans are saying it was DC who sold the best players surely that's down to the board?
I think it was a board breakdown between him and them that let the negativity creep in, but the supporters used DC as the scape goat because of his mannerisms, and that touch of arrogance he has.
They interviewed his No. 2 for his job whilst he was still at the club so I'd say there was a definite breakdown between him and the board

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Time will tell how good he is but on the plus side he knows how to get out of the conference if we do get relegated

Bloody hell. We really might as well have stuck with Askey if we're aiming for promotion out the National League. He did with Macclesfield's toss budget rather than with Bristol Rovers's very healthy one

If we just about scramble to a lead of 50 we will need to be something like 10-3 to have a chance. Not impossible on this pitch but surely India are good enough to have just one player bat sensibly and reach 30 which wins the game for them.

We really are a joke when it comes to batting against spin. We're so bad it's actually amusing.

Just now, TylerB said:

If we just about scramble to a lead of 50 we will need to be something like 10-3 to have a chance. Not impossible on this pitch but surely India are good enough to have just one player bat sensibly and reach 30 which wins the game for them.

We really are a joke when it comes to batting against spin. We're so bad it's actually amusing.

What's going on at Vale? Rugby in training and cricket in matches. No wonder we're struggling!

Yes, Clarke is very good at saying what fans want to hear. Unfortunately it's been a very long time since results consistently backed those words up.
Looks like there's a pattern emerging already here. Blaming fitness. Then it will be something else, then something else. His arrogance doesn't allow self blame, he'd rather make the faux pas of blaming his players in interviews to the public.

Since leaving us he has compared two squads, stating you have more experience, and that he was working with a development squad with us. Yes Darrell because you spunked the budget on your ageing Brizzle love children and spent a fortune on a clearly unfit and overweight captain, with little motivation for anything other than eating McDonald's. Three windows to sort it out and we got worse each time.

Whatever he did at Rovers is irrelevant. They had a large (comparative) budget and were riding on momentum with players he knew. When he had to replace those, he couldn't. Primarily because he gets whatever players he can, with no thought for where needs strengthen, then faffs around with the formation every week. Our players look more organised in a week already, and hopefully results will follow 

Good luck! I look forward to reading the similar comments now and in the near and distant future. 

P.S. you can call this bitterness or whatever else you like, but the relief of Clarke leaving without having to pay him off was overwhelming amongst fans and the local media. However, his likeable personality allows him to get away with his failings.

Good to have a “we don’t care fc” on here. Remind me how many games have you won since he went?

7 hours ago, saddlesore said:

Yes, Clarke is very good at saying what fans want to hear. Unfortunately it's been a very long time since results consistently backed those words up.

Looks like there's a pattern emerging already here. Blaming fitness. Then it will be something else, then something else. His arrogance doesn't allow self blame, he'd rather make the faux pas of blaming his players in interviews to the public.

Since leaving us he has compared two squads, stating you have more experience, and that he was working with a development squad with us. Yes Darrell because you spunked the budget on your ageing Brizzle love children and spent a fortune on a clearly unfit and overweight captain, with little motivation for anything other than eating McDonald's. Three windows to sort it out and we got worse each time.

Whatever he did at Rovers is irrelevant. They had a large (comparative) budget and were riding on momentum with players he knew. When he had to replace those, he couldn't. Primarily because he gets whatever players he can, with no thought for where needs strengthen, then faffs around with the formation every week. Our players look more organised in a week already, and hopefully results will follow 

Good luck! I look forward to reading the similar comments now and in the near and distant future. 

P.S. you can call this bitterness or whatever else you like, but the relief of Clarke leaving without having to pay him off was overwhelming amongst fans and the local media. However, his likeable personality allows him to get away with his failings.

Just out of interest,under him this season you had only lost 6 games and were 6 points off the play offs,i am just wondering how you have gone on in your 3 games without him??

Archived