onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

12 hours ago, dishydave said:

I've enjoyed listening to him sounds confident in his own ability isn't afraid to call people out or praise them. Seems to analyse the little things which can make a big difference. He's certainly motivated me so you would assume the players are up for it a bit more I just hope he can start getting the results we need

yeh , but weve heard it all before, actions not words please.😏

Advert

Sounds as motivated as me ,I like him early days and all that .

As long as we stay up then for the foreseeable future that's fine with me ,he will be judged on what he can get out of the players within 4 days before the game v LO he got all the players generally at least for 55 mins doing there jobs a lot better than what they usually do .

Crookes was solid Smith was the Smith we expect him be the one who doesn't let players be free in the box for a free tap in etc a free header etc or letting them run past him and score .

So more of that please and we will be fine although we ate only fine because Barrow, Southend and Grimsby are worse 

Nice to see DC on Theos Instagram where he was doing a forfeit of cleaning Guthrie's boots...  DC just gave him a sly nod and made a crack about him losing.

Lots of talk from previous players that he strikes a nice balance between being the boss but getting involved with the lads and building team spirit.

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Let's give the guy some time, yes he talks well and so have many others before but what do you really expect him to say ?
He's already working with one hand tied behind his back having inherited a squad that was going downhill fast.
He's been in the job a week !

Got to give him until January before he can even be reasonably criticised.

only then will he have had enough time to create, settle and manage his own squad that will largely be made up of his choices.

Even if we start next season poorly, gotta give him a full, supported transfer window to make adjustments.

19 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I like his policy on not discussing injuries before a game. 

That will be a point of contention if things don't go well.

I'm fairly confident in his managerial abilities and think we'll likely end up getting promotion within two full seasons. People say he is a bit arrogant and he has a chip on his shoulder. Well you can say that about Mourinho, Allardyce, Warnock, Clough (Brian) so if he gets results I'm sure we'll all love him

Some interesting videos on YouTube of Darrell's time at Bristol Rovers.Extended Interview,four years ago explains how he handled the transfer of top striker Matty Taylor to local rivals Bristol City.The views from both sets of fans in the comments section below the video are nothing but praise.Another video also worth a look is called Beat The Boss starring Darrell and Matty Taylor.Darrell's keepy uppy skills sitting down are most impressive. Monty also makes an appearance.

Archived