onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

49 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Also liked how he basically had a dig at the old manager by saying the squad was put together with only one way of playing which highlights how out of his depth Askey was in the football league and not wanting to adapt 

Well adaptability is a strength but so is having a system that works and is effective. Just depends on the style of manager and what he prioritizes

15 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Also liked how he basically had a dig at the old manager by saying the squad was put together with only one way of playing which highlights how out of his depth Askey was in the football league and not wanting to adapt 

Don’t think that’s a dig, he even said that in his first interview and specifically said it wasn’t a criticism. If a manager has a preferred way of playing then obviously you’re going to recruit players suited to that system.

Good evening fellow Valiants,

One has been away from this exquisite platform for some time so one would hope that you have all been keeping well in these troubled times. Especially one's good friend Jacko.

One won't go into too much detail so cutting a long story short, one was called out to sea to deal with an emergency that only a seasoned Sea Captain like Captain Jeff could deal with.

One would like to take the time though to give one's full support to Mr Clarke and wish him all the best in his quest to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem. One's backing is also extended to Mr Flitcroft in his quest to assist Mr Clarke in their attempt to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem.

All the very best,

Jeff.

10 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

It was a dig

I disagree. He’s explaining what he’s got to work with and laying the groundwork for big changes in the summer. Because Clarke is going to want players that are more adaptable to other systems. 

He’s in a tough spot , with a limited squad in terms of ability. Like he said post match, quality is needed. He won’t get that with this squad, but he will plough on and I believe he will get as much as he can out of them, we’ll be safe, and there will be a clear out during the summer. We need a good spine , which won’t be easy. Hopefully , by September, crowds will be back , the virus will be on it’s way out , and Vale will start to rise again. Easy eh? UTV 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I like his policy on not discussing injuries before a game. 

Me too.

I also like how upfront he is with the questions reading the transcript of the press conference today.Calls it very honestly where its about Crookes, midfield or squad fitness. Clearly questioning everything and everyone. I imagine there are going to be quite a few lads in that squad who he will upset in the non too distant future.

I don't think it's going to be long before he starts to question the players character and mentality.

Personally I love it. We need a damn good shake up.

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

Me too.

I also like how upfront he is with the questions reading the transcript of the press conference today.Calls it very honestly where its about Crookes, midfield or squad fitness. Clearly questioning everything and everyone. I imagine there are going to be quite a few lads in that squad who he will upset in the non too distant future.

I don't think it's going to be long before he starts to question the players character and mentality.

Personally I love it. We need a damn good shake up.

Yep. His explanation of why Crookes played as well, fans don’t like him and overreact about a the decision to play him and the manager comes out and explains why he picked him. Quite refreshing really. 

I've enjoyed listening to him sounds confident in his own ability isn't afraid to call people out or praise them. Seems to analyse the little things which can make a big difference. He's certainly motivated me so you would assume the players are up for it a bit more I just hope he can start getting the results we need

Archived