onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Can anyone clear up who the first team management is?
As far as I’m aware it’s currently Clarke as manager, Pugh as a coach, Ronnie Sinclair as keeping coach, and then we have an analyst and physio. Is there anyone I’ve missed? Is Clarke bringing any of his own staff in? And has Frank Sinclair gone back to work with the youth team?

Clarke said they haven’t assigned job titles yet and that Billy Paynter and Danny Pugh will be helping out but DC and DF will review it.

Advert

I'm glad we went with Clarke who has lower league experience and promotions on his CV as opposed to someone like Pugh. Hopefully the relationship with Flitcroft will work. They both have experience and are external appointments which is what people have been wanting for some time. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

6 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I would argue that Walsall squad is better than ours due to the fact they have beaten us twice and also currently above us.

I think the truth really is that both teams are mid table squads 

What's that got to do with anything? Irrelevant post.

I'm not arguing that our squad is better than Walsall's, I'm wondering why Walsall fans think Clarke has "done a poor job" when they're 6 points off the playoffs.

We are now too close to the bottom. There is now an existential need to stop conceding goals. Stop conceding goals from individual errors. Stop conceding goals because we don't stop the ball coming into the box. Stop conceding goals because we stand round like statues. Stop conceding goals because the centre halves get bullied. And we need Brown to be excellent for the rest of the season. Surely we can find a good back four from all the defenders we have. 

6 hours ago, valeparklife said:

What's that got to do with anything? Irrelevant post.

I'm not arguing that our squad is better than Walsall's, I'm wondering why Walsall fans think Clarke has "done a poor job" when they're 6 points off the playoffs.

They are used to playing in League 1 and think a return to that level should have been straightforward. 

16 hours ago, mikey said:

It is a ringing endorsement. Can you ever imagine a manager saying “Norman Smurfwaite is a remarkable man”...ho ho! 

15 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Fierce cold here, Paul. Coldest in history for Houston. It will warm up by Saturday though. Stay warm. 

You too, fella. Been watching it on CNBC and never seen anything like it that far south.  Reports said millions were without power. Hope it get better soon!

6 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

You too, fella. Been watching it on CNBC and never seen anything like it that far south.  Reports said millions were without power. Hope it get better soon!

Starting to work our way out of it. The power companies have a lot of questions to answer. They were warned about this Arctic  front a few weeks before , but didn’t prepare for it. I’ve never felt that cold in my life, and I’ve been through very cold days in Ireland , England and Oklahoma. The last 5 days have been brutal. Sorry, off topic.Thanks!  UTV 

Archived