onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

41 minutes ago, For Us All said:

What's the point of hiding the mistakes of a player.If the manager doesn't point them out I'm sure the fans will.Players aren't a protected species.

Basic management, praise in public, criticise in private. players get grief off the crowd,  their team mates, commentators etc. Cures take a little longer. 

Advert

I think our new manager and players need to concentrate closely on our current parlous league position.  After last night's results, viewing the league table this morning doesn't make for relaxing or good reading. Three teams 19th-21st all sitting equally with 32 points and we are only 19th thanks to a slightly better goal difference!  Add to this worry, the fact that Scunthorpe & Stevenage have improved over the last few matches and even Southend has had a mini-revival recently.

Thankfully, Barrow & Grimsby are both struggling (although Barrow has 2 games in hand!) and Southend's & Grimsby's goal difference both look dire.  But with only 18 games to play for us, we cannot afford to relax for one minute and desperately require some more points and pretty rapidly!

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Same could be said about Vale fans who thought we would get in the play offs this season.

I can understand that we had reason to believe we could achieve the playoffs with us finishing 8th last season and keeping the same squad together. For the record, I said we'd finish 10th this season (I'm also completely wrong!)

Walsall on the other hand finished 12th last season, so I think it's a fair question to ask why they felt they should be higher than being 6th points off the playoffs currently - and therefore why they think Clarke was doing such a terrible job. 

Can't get my head around it.

He needs at least until January 2022 to assemble his own squad and tinker around with it before a serious appraisal can be made, let alone saying we need a change. It may be that we just shuffle along getting enough wins to stay up, but that’s not an indication of what a Clarke team will be like come the start of next season. Don’t panic if we start slow, there’s a lot of deadwood he can’t shift until summer.

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Would have thought of another line - rather than this one "Stoke is probably the ‘prawn brigade’ this side".

Thought moldy pie would have been better.🤪

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

hahaha...I think they may have edited out the "grab bags of Prawn Cocktail crisps...! - which, I'm sure, would have been the full comment?

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

hahaha...I think they may have edited out the "grab bags of Prawn Cocktail crisps...! - which, I'm sure, would have been the full comment?

Dont think the reporter realised that prawn brigade was a Roy Keane insult, but hardly appropriate to the Lardies. 

8 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Flitcroft said we approached Walsall first.

6 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Sorry to be so pedantic but did Clarke apply for the job with those others we were led to believe applied, or did Flitcroft decide he wanted to speak to Walsall after discounting the other applicants?  I know it makes not a lot of difference in the great scheme of things but I'm interested as to understand if anyone on the original list of applicants was offered the position before Clarke?

I also have not seen any quotes from Flitcroft regarding the appointment of Clarke - why he was chosen, what Flitcroft sees in him to take us forward, how he sees their DoF/manager relationship working and developing, etc. Its not really important, but as you say, it would be interesting to hear the reasoning and Flitcroft's take on it.

(....or maybe Flitcroft did actually give a full and frank explanation, but no sod could hear him, as per geoff1's other thread about sound quality in media presentations?! 🤣)

Can anyone clear up who the first team management is?

As far as I’m aware it’s currently Clarke as manager, Pugh as a coach, Ronnie Sinclair as keeping coach, and then we have an analyst and physio. Is there anyone I’ve missed? Is Clarke bringing any of his own staff in? And has Frank Sinclair gone back to work with the youth team?

Archived