onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Flitcroft said we approached Walsall first.

Sorry to be so pedantic but did Clarke apply for the job with those others we were led to believe applied, or did Flitcroft decide he wanted to speak to Walsall after discounting the other applicants?  I know it makes not a lot of difference in the great scheme of things but I'm interested as to understand if anyone on the original list of applicants was offered the position before Clarke?

Advert

42 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

One of my issues with him is that he names individual players in the press as making errors. I don't like it when managers do that. Have a word with them in private yes but calling them out in public isn't going to help them. 

Can't see much wrong with that to be honest.It's already out there on the tv for all to see,so what's the difference?

One of my issues with him is that he names individual players in the press as making errors. I don't like it when managers do that. Have a word with them in private yes but calling them out in public isn't going to help them. 
Depends if it conflicts with club policy, personally I agree, outsiders don't know all the facts, the basis of the relationship with staff is at stake.

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Depends if it conflicts with club policy, personally I agree, outsiders don't know all the facts, the basis of the relationship with staff is at stake.

What's the point of hiding the mistakes of a player.If the manager doesn't point them out I'm sure the fans will.Players aren't a protected species.

24 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Can't see much wrong with that to be honest.It's already out there on the tv for all to see,so what's the difference?

I would like to think that my manager would back me publicly even if he was giving me grief in private. It is easy for us fans to decide who's error it was when watching, but that is very subjective and we don't know if it was down to someone else's error or bad instruction.  

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I would like to think that my manager would back me publicly even if he was giving me grief in private. It is easy for us fans to decide who's error it was when watching, but that is very subjective and we don't know if it was down to someone else's error or bad instruction.  

Like Askey did with players he decided were not worth talking to?

5 minutes ago, For Us All said:

What's the point of hiding the mistakes of a player.If the manager doesn't point them out I'm sure the fans will.Players aren't a protected species.

It is only the managers opinion that a particular player is to blame though. I don't like blame culture and I can't see it being very motivational knowing that your manager tells the press that you are rubbish. Fans have their own opinions but they don't put it in the press usually.

11 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is only the managers opinion that a particular player is to blame though. I don't like blame culture and I can't see it being very motivational knowing that your manager tells the press that you are rubbish. Fans have their own opinions but they don't put it in the press usually.

Ahhhhh well... it worked for him for 4 promotions. That’ll do me.

10 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

But he didn't tell the press, it was leaked by others but unsubstantiated by the manager or the club. 

Either way refusing to acknowledge a player or speak to them is a shocking way of man managing and no wonder players stopped playing for him. As why would you want to play for a man who wouldn't even acknowledge you. 

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Why dig out all these negatives about him. Lets just judge on him at vale as that is all that matters. 

vale fans are so keen so keen to find negatives about anything to happen to vale. He seems like a good appointment to me and im not interested in what walsall fans say about him. All i care about is how he does at vale. 

give the guy a clean slate to work with and get behind him

If a player plays well he gets praised if he plays badly he doesn't need look on one Vale fan or read his many messages on Instagram or even have the manager tell him he played poorly he will know himself that he has not reached the standards he as set for himself .

As for anything in life you find motivation out of it so my chemistry teacher said never make anything out of yourself those words have never left me being in work since left school and every day motivate me .

So use criticism to better yourself not hide and say he doesn't like me and I'm Precious and cannot respond get out and show the Vale public in Mills case that you are a fine footballer ,do not sulk because some fans do not like your efforts get them like you by what you do .

The same goes for any player who as not hit the heights they probably expect of themselves so to me no harm in saying it as you respond with your next performance being spot on 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Yesterday in one of the interviews, he said something along the lines of he wouldn't name individuals, or what he thought had gone wrong, as looking back he'd learned it doesnt work. 

1 minute ago, Breadwinner said:

If a player plays well he gets praised if he plays badly he doesn't need look on one Vale fan or read his many messages on Instagram or even have the manager tell him he played poorly he will know himself that he has not reached the standards he as set for himself .

As for anything in life you find motivation out of it so my chemistry teacher said never make anything out of yourself those words have never left me being in work since left school and every day motivate me .

So use criticism to better yourself not hide and say he doesn't like me and I'm Precious and cannot respond get out and show the Vale public in Mills case that you are a fine footballer ,do not sulk because some fans do not like your efforts get them like you by what you do .

The same goes for any player who as not hit the heights they probably expect of themselves so to me no harm in saying it as you respond with your next performance being spot on 

People seem to think players need to wrapped in cotton and protected at all costs. Why? A player who would react badly to a manager sayinf that havent performed in the press is not a player i would want to see in a vale top. Id want that player to use that as motivation to come and put that right in the next game. Football is a massive mentality game and a player who cant handle being said they have played badly isnt what we should be looking for in summer

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

Yesterday in one of the interviews, he said something along the lines of he wouldn't name individuals, or what he thought had gone wrong, as looking back he'd learned it doesnt work. 

So hes learnt from his experiences. Which is something to applaud as if hes willing to learn from his mistakes as all managers make them rather than being stuck in his ways as askey was. Then that is another positive tick for him from me 

Archived