onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

2 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

We shall see how it all transpires. Looking forward to Saturday. 

Me too I'll be seeing if Flitcroft and Clarkes enthusiasm as rubbed off on the players theres 54 points play for I'd set them a target of no less than 40 and then see if they can deliver .

Be interested to know if Dave Flintoff/Darrell Clarke,being watching all the goals we have conceded through the season up to yet as that's the first thing I'd do if I was the manager I'd be looking at what I could to stop that happening also I'd seeing how many times from losing positions we have come back and won or drew either ,give me a idea of the character in the squad .

Then I'd be looking at the players individually and reading through comments from the fans individually on here about what they thought of there performances then be reading those comments will realise that for example the goalkeeper needs to get off his line ,and Smith needs to stop giving teams a leg up ,and Mills needs to not get caught out of position ,no we not all managers but we can see who's letting us down consistently and to be honest I for one am sick of it so I look forwards to any kind of changes that are made ,either by the players themselves with better performances or the manager replacing them with players who can do there jobs and do them well not poorly like named players  

It's a big job let's hope you can get character out of these players and more importantly some wins on the board to relinquish doubts of relegation from the football league .

11 hours ago, Colin Plant said:

Most think we have underachieved with the squad we had, obviously weakened now we have lost our top scorer and jules and the reason being Clarke tactics. It was dire to watch at times tbh. If only he would have had a bit more faith in the players in a attacking sense and stopped tinkering with the team.

This surprises me that Walsall fans think the squad is better than currently being 6 points off the playoffs.

I have a side job within football so I feel I know a little bit about most squads, but I didn't expect this Walsall squad to be higher than mid table? 

Gordon, McDonald, Scarr, Kinsella, Holden are good L2 players but certainly not Top 3 level (in my opinion).

I don't wish to sound condescending but I'm interested to see why you thought you should be higher in the league? Is it because you spent 11 years in L1 until recently?

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Reading the transcript of his interview, my first thoughts were "what a cocky so-and-so"

Listening to him, I'm buying into him. Comes across like he actually has a bit of personality! 

He has a big ego and reading what he says on paper can be a bit off-putting. But he is quite personable and comes across a lot better if you're listening to him talking rather than reading transcripts.

30 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Me too I'll be seeing if Flitcroft and Clarkes enthusiasm as rubbed off on the players theres 54 points play for I'd set them a target of no less than 40 and then see if they can deliver .

That would be setting them a target of getting 74% of points available... which over a season would represent a record breaking 102 points!! 

Might be setting the bar a liiiiiitle too high there!

18 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Love the way he talks he gets out of bed win football matches ,he knows he as to win football matches ,he seems like he as a edge I like that also .

For the first time this season looking forwards to watching all remaining games if the players reflect the manager ,yes we know theres no quick fix but we have players who can win games they have proved it ,because if you add all  the defensive bloopers and goalie mistakes out the equation we probably conceded no more than 5 you can do nothing about goals .

I think going forwards we have players who can score but too often teams are being given goals which they have not worked particularly hard to get ,cut that out a decent 18 games ahead of us however if they  do not cut it out then 18 games of self inflicted worry .

Let's hope the manager reinstated Legge and gets some leadership in that back four because along with Gibbons in the games they have played together we are generally solid UTV 

Yes I agree,he's very passionate and hates to lose along with Flitcroft.

At the end of the day it's all about winning.

Archived