onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What about all the losses askey had as manager? 

A week to turn this sack of <ovf censored> around isn’t enough. Happy or not back him 

True. May need a few seasons, after all it’s been about 5 seasons in the making! 

Not sure how anyone can’t be unhappy with this appointment. The bloke has 4 promotions on his cv. There were no realistic candidates with anywhere near that kind of success. 

Yes the Walsall forum doesn’t read well but sometimes circumstances dictate the outcome. There is obviously something more to it. He possibly just doesn’t fit in there. The bloke was trying to fill smiths shoes. Maybe their fans expectation against the reality is misaligned. We have plenty of fans who thought we would make the championship under askey ffs!

The realism is this appointment is better than any of us could have hoped. Will it work, who knows buts that’s football. but he has to be given time no one bloody game! 

Results until the end of the season are irrelevant aslong as we dont go down that is. 

he can only be judged from next season onwards because of the squad he is inherited im willing to give the bloke a chance so if we play <ovf censored> but pick up a couple of wins over the next ten games thats fine because he needs to work out who he is keeping next season and who he isnt. 

anyone who thinks hes gonna come in and were gonna start playing well instantly needs to wobble there heads. Its a massive bonus if he did turn it around and we have a strong finish to this season. But lets not jump on his back if its not the case because  next season is where he shoild be judged because lets be honest he hasnt got much to work with this season 

5 hours ago, vale victory said:

It doesn’t work at all clubs obviously but his record you cannot doubt

Mickey Adam’s had an ego , he took no crap and sometimes rubbed people up the wrong way but he was a winner and I can see similarities of what people are saying about Clarke

Askey was as dull as dish water , nice guy but I’m sorry he came across boring as hell

Let’s give the guy a chance , it’s a new project and a new way of operating as a football club

As for Walsall the thing their fans don’t like is that we are showing more ambition than them .

Mind you a few of them were worried about the fact that he preferred Vale to Walsall.In my view,their club need the money more than we do judging by their recent sales of Adebayo and Jules.The compensation money will come in handy as well I reckon.

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Choices are a manager who has done something, or promote someone who is showing potential as a manager, or even someone who is potentially a manager.  Difficult choice for a club owner, can be expensive either way, only time will tell.

Walsall fan here,(in peace). I will give you an honest opinion on Clarke and I hope he does well at Vale, not for him but for the owners and fans. Watching Walsall under Clarke was very frustrating, he changed the team every week simply to try and counteract the threat of the opposition instead of playing your strongest team every week and letting the opposition worry about you. He signed players then played them out of position, drop players for no apparent reason even if they had just played a blinder the previous game. He liked to play hoof ball constantly to a lone striker who sometimes was about 5ft 6" tall. Never revealed what players were injured or how long they were expected to be sidelined which is fine but fans don't know whats going on and think he has simply fell out of favour. It was a very frustrating time to be a Walsall fan under Clarke and thats why the majority were happy to see him go. I hope things go well for you with him in charge and I will be watching with interest. Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

Not overly inspired by the appointment, and the interview made him seem a bit of an arse to me.
However, I back the decision 100% and he has my full support. UTV.

We’ve just had a Mr Nice Guy whom our players walked all over. I’m glad to see someone with a bit of bite and a bit of arrogance.

Love the way he talks he gets out of bed win football matches ,he knows he as to win football matches ,he seems like he as a edge I like that also .

For the first time this season looking forwards to watching all remaining games if the players reflect the manager ,yes we know theres no quick fix but we have players who can win games they have proved it ,because if you add all  the defensive bloopers and goalie mistakes out the equation we probably conceded no more than 5 you can do nothing about goals .

I think going forwards we have players who can score but too often teams are being given goals which they have not worked particularly hard to get ,cut that out a decent 18 games ahead of us however if they  do not cut it out then 18 games of self inflicted worry .

Let's hope the manager reinstated Legge and gets some leadership in that back four because along with Gibbons in the games they have played together we are generally solid UTV 

Welcome Darrell. Valiants are behind you and waiting eagerly for success on the field to match the aspirations and financial input by our tremendous owners.

Good vibes again eminating from Vale Park and maybe, just maybe, we fans can start to have a Club to be so proud with again. 

Division 2 is there for the taking next season if diligent and desired additions are made to the squad.

Time now for all fans to back the Club to ensure smiling faces are returned in these strange, dark times.

Unexpected appointment for sure, but I think Carol is putting the structure in place to push the Vale on in the coming years and it is nice to see for a change.  I think we have a good manager now hopefully he will be a success as nothing is certain in football as Vale fans well know.

7 hours ago, TylerB said:

The most positive thing some have said about him is that he made them hard to beat. But the general opinion seems to be that there was no pattern to their play and he loves to play squares in round holes. Along with being in love with himself. But my girlfriend say's that about me every day so it is what it is.

Now every manager with the exception of one or two will have a mixed bag as a record, so I'm not too worried that he didn't have a great time at Walsall. Bu if we paid as much as £100,000 compensation for him, which seems to be the case, then it makes it a massive gamble.

I would be amazed if we paid 100k for him,where have you seen this figure?

2 hours ago, Colin Plant said:

Walsall fan here,(in peace). I will give you an honest opinion on Clarke and I hope he does well at Vale, not for him but for the owners and fans. Watching Walsall under Clarke was very frustrating, he changed the team every week simply to try and counteract the threat of the opposition instead of playing your strongest team every week and letting the opposition worry about you. He signed players then played them out of position, drop players for no apparent reason even if they had just played a blinder the previous game. He liked to play hoof ball constantly to a lone striker who sometimes was about 5ft 6" tall. Never revealed what players were injured or how long they were expected to be sidelined which is fine but fans don't know whats going on and think he has simply fell out of favour. It was a very frustrating time to be a Walsall fan under Clarke and thats why the majority were happy to see him go. I hope things go well for you with him in charge and I will be watching with interest. Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

Welcome Colin.

Only time will tell, either Clarke will do the same with us and it will be proven that you were right to move him on.

Or Clarke will do with us what he did with Salisbury and Bristol Rovers, which would indicate there are some serious issues at Walsall meaning he couldn't perform to his standards... cost cutting, small squad meaning less options, a fanbase expecting  one man to turn a sinking ship and demanding more than 6 points off the playoffs 2nd year after relegation, expecting the manager to cover all aspects of football when backroom staff are being reduced spreading him too thin, the need to sell to survive?

Lets wait and see, what I do know is he now finds himself at a club with a great structure, owners who are investing in a professional football set up and a DoF to help him with recruitment and player development.

Any man who can turn Zac Jules into a £300k asset has something special about him!

Archived