onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He comes across as rather uninspiring in the interview but we will see on Saturday if he can walk the walk. Maybe it is just his East Midlands accent but I can't see him having a career as a motivational speaker.

Nonsense comment.

How about giving him a chance eh?

Christ almighty some of our fans are morons.

Advert

11 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Delighted with the appointment of Clarke as manager has a good record at this level and is spoken highly at his previous clubs       Wasn’t to sure at first about the director of football role but know a lot more excited about it well done carol 

He's not spoken highly of at Walsall at all. They can't believe that they've got money for him or the fact that he's been given a 3 year contract. That doesn't mean he won't do well here, but to imply that Walsall fans are praising him or are up in arms that he's left is nonsense.

6 minutes ago, TylerB said:

He's not spoken highly of at Walsall at all. They can't believe that they've got money for him or the fact that he's been given a 3 year contract. That doesn't mean he won't do well here, but to imply that Walsall fans are praising him or are up in arms that he's left is nonsense.

My good friend is a Walsall ST holder.He says we are welcome to him.Good luck Darrell.

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

My good friend is a Walsall ST holder.He says we are welcome to him.Good luck Darrell.

The most positive thing some have said about him is that he made them hard to beat. But the general opinion seems to be that there was no pattern to their play and he loves to play squares in round holes. Along with being in love with himself. But my girlfriend say's that about me every day so it is what it is.

Now every manager with the exception of one or two will have a mixed bag as a record, so I'm not too worried that he didn't have a great time at Walsall. Bu if we paid as much as £100,000 compensation for him, which seems to be the case, then it makes it a massive gamble.

It doesn’t work at all clubs obviously but his record you cannot doubt

Mickey Adam’s had an ego , he took no crap and sometimes rubbed people up the wrong way but he was a winner and I can see similarities of what people are saying about Clarke

Askey was as dull as dish water , nice guy but I’m sorry he came across boring as hell

Let’s give the guy a chance , it’s a new project and a new way of operating as a football club

As for Walsall the thing their fans don’t like is that we are showing more ambition than them .

He will not be judged by what he does at Walsall he will be judged at what he does at Vale .

We have not just Darryl Clarkes insight into the team we have David Flitcroft as well so I'm sure they will help each other with there enthusiasm get the best out of the current players, the ones they do not get the best out will be rooted out .

Good luck to the lads love there passion i have passion I want passion in my team,all of them not 5 of them and the 6 play like they cannot be arsed .

WELCOME Lads hope you mirror our amazing chair lady 

UTV 

The fact that we've nicked him off Walsall is great but not surprising. We're a much bigger club than Walsall, much bigger fan base, much bigger, better stadium, far better infrastructure, much more ambition, much better fans. It's not a surprise that DC would want to leave there when given the chance to come here! 

UTV! 

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

The most positive thing some have said about him is that he made them hard to beat. But the general opinion seems to be that there was no pattern to their play and he loves to play squares in round holes. Along with being in love with himself. But my girlfriend say's that about me every day so it is what it is.

Now every manager with the exception of one or two will have a mixed bag as a record, so I'm not too worried that he didn't have a great time at Walsall. Bu if we paid as much as £100,000 compensation for him, which seems to be the case, then it makes it a massive gamble.

£100,000 HAHAHAHA!

Not a chance!

More idiocy from our fanbase!

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

£100,000 HAHAHAHA!

Not a chance!

More idiocy from our fanbase!

Who the <ovf censored> are you calling an idiot, you melt. I don't really believe it's that figure myself, but I've seen two separate articles that quote that a 6 figure fee was paid, and the lowest 6 figure fee is obviously £100,000.

Archived