onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

Experienced appointment, thought his Walsall team were hopeless every time I've seen them but if we're getting the Bristol Rovers then it can be a masterstroke.

Paying compo (if we have) and handing out a 3 year deal for him seems very strange in current times especially given he isn't really ripping it up with his current team.

All the best Darrell!

16 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Experienced appointment, thought his Walsall team were hopeless every time I've seen them but if we're getting the Bristol Rovers then it can be a masterstroke.

Paying compo (if we have) and handing out a 3 year deal for him seems very strange in current times especially given he isn't really ripping it up with his current team.

All the best Darrell!

Hopeless or not, they took 6 points off us.

33 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Seems the manager thread is locked so what we all thinking?

His interview was decent, what’s your first priority? “Win... always win”

I’m quite excited by what we’ve done here with Flickers and Clarke. Well done Carol and Colin.

Its on another thread mate. Very positive response generally and rightly so.

The fact that 95% of their fans are pretty much jumping for joy that he's not only gone but they also got a bit of compo for him doesn't bode too well. Hopefully a portion of them are just salty, and he does the business for us.

On the flip side Bristol Rovers fans were buzzing when they thought he was going there and gutted to see him come to us

34 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He comes across as rather uninspiring in the interview but we will see on Saturday if he can walk the walk. Maybe it is just his East Midlands accent but I can't see him having a career as a motivational speaker.

What a cliche that comment is. How many times do we hear a fan say he doesn’t sound like he can motivate anyone? All based off boring media interviews where a manager is never going to give anything away to fans and the answers are just stock answers to get it done and out of the way. What he does behind the scenes is important not how he makes me feel in an interview. 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

What a cliche that comment is. How many times do we hear a fan say he doesn’t sound like he can motivate anyone? All based off boring media interviews where a manager is never going to give anything away to fans and the answers are just stock answers to get it done and out of the way. What he does behind the scenes is important not how he makes me feel in an interview. 

It was the "kick up the backside" comment which struck me as uninspiring as much as anything. He doesn't seem to have much charisma. But maybe you don't need that to manage footballers.

It was the "kick up the backside" comment which struck me as uninspiring as much as anything. He doesn't seem to have much charisma. But maybe you don't need that to manage footballers.

Seemed to have more about him than Askey. Let’s face it these players have had an easy ride for far too long.

Good appointment  I think , but then what do I know thought Aspin was a good appointment. This is so different for us 2 proven managers running the football side and as we all know  to get out of this  rubbish league recruitment is the key  but given say 8  maybe 10 of current squad they aren’t worth Zip . On the DC front anyone who can makes Zack Jules a player must be a good coach 

Just read an interview that Sky did with him and I liked his outlook.

Tell players as it is.

Build a good defensive mindset to stop conceding goals.

Turned down Leeds to stay at Bristol.

Likes a challenge and hardwork.

wants clubs to have ambitions.

Believes in developing players and not just throwing money at it. Wants to bring that extra out of them.

Has the fans interests at heart as they pay the monies.

Has made mistakes in the past.

Too many politics at Bristol.

Welcome aboard Daryl!

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He comes across as rather uninspiring in the interview but we will see on Saturday if he can walk the walk. Maybe it is just his East Midlands accent but I can't see him having a career as a motivational speaker.

This is the exact opposite of the feedback given by Bristol Rovers fans.

Archived