onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official website: Port Vale appoints Darrell Clarke as new Manager

News Feed

Advert

Well we have an experienced manager and a DOF, this hasn’t come cheap so I’d just like to thank C&K. It has all the hallmarks of a successful management set up, which can only be good for team performances.

To sone on here who were in the know and were saying they’d put money on the two favourites and couldn’t lose, I think this appointment has taught them a lesson about gambling.

COYW 

53 minutes ago, Doha said:

I don't see the point of the arbitrary 'since 1988'.

Vale over 40 seasons in the Championship. Walsall about 12. Small town in Cannock. 

Apart from a few of the old uns on here, the only experience of the 2nd Tier for the younger ones is from the 89/90 season , going back one year to 88/89 gives Walsall another year in Tier 2, so didn`t want to be too picky against them.  My comparison is just in current memories.  Too much history can be a weight around a club, ask Sunderland who only played in Div 1 until the late 50s

My stance for what it's worth

Purely down to finances of our club. They are very much like us last season, only lost 6 but the draw kings.

Having sold Jules and Adebayjo and the chairman making a YouTube video explaining the decision maybe Clarke felt his hands were tied and he couldn't work properly. This again shows how lucky we are to have The Shanahan family. Thank you. 

I'm happy with this appointment and we have paid compensation, couldn't give a rat's backside what Walsall fans say. 

His half time subs against Vale in December showed he is a proactive manager. 

Nothing not to like in my eyes . Very appy as Bruno would of said.

Let's secure our status and a new broom and clean slate with two blokes who know the crack . 

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Trust him to have a surname you can spell two ways. 

Every thread be littered with the wrong spelling !!! 😂😂😂

Its even worse than that......Daryl Clark! 😆

...can we not just call him Dave, along with Flitcroft and Rodney?! - his defence could then be called the The Dave Clark (back) Five! 😂

Archived