onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official website: Port Vale appoints Darrell Clarke as new Manager

News Feed

33 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Vale fans need to get prepared for some tactic tinkering 

I have just been through the first half or so of his league 2 promotion campaign at Bristol Rovers 

he played

442 x 13 games

352 x 5 games

532 x 8 games

I stopped at that point.

Longest run of not changing formations was 6 games of consecutive 442.

After John “433 no matter what” Askey I’m ok with some tinkering and hopefully he can find 2 formations for different situations and settle with those.

I have to applaud your dedicated homework for the cause!

Advert

What strikes me most listening to the interview of both Flitcroft and Clarke is the character they show. I really think the mentality of the squad is going to change quite quickly - if not those players will be shown the door come the summer.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

What do you mean?

That Carol and Darrell are going to run the club, totally ignoring David Flitcroft as Director of Football and they’ll do whatever they like.

Or that Darrell and Carol rhyme, up to you how you interpret that I guess! 

1 minute ago, stupers said:

That Carol and Darrell are going to run the club, totally ignoring David Flitcroft as Director of Football and they’ll do whatever they like.

Or that Darrell and Carol rhyme, up to you how you interpret that I guess! 

The latter. Just a pathetic joke. 

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the negative posters on here are nowhere to be seen tonight which highlights the fact that they actually only want us to do bad so that they can try cause up a storm with being negative about everything. 

find it really strange how they have nothing to say when something positive happens within the club

I’ll stand my ground against anyone!!! I’m not a negative poster just a realist, good luck to the bloke, am I excited about the appointment- no but on attending last seasons match at vale park against the yam yams what I did notice was askey standing there arms folded probably wondering what he was having for tea while the whole Walsall bench especially the manager showed passion, lambasted the ref and liner at every opportunity and decision, that I liked !!!!!!! 

The similarities between Clarke and the Cowley's are uncanny apart from the Cowley's brief spell in the Championship with Huddersfield. Clarke had great success at lower levels with Salisbury whilst the Cowley's did at Concord and Braintree. Clarke then led Bristol Rovers from the Conference to League One which the Cowley's mirrored with Lincoln City. Quite how anybody can be disappointed with this appointment is bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

You must love Warnock then.

Never understood why folk think its passionate to lambast the officials at every opportunity.  Its actually rather pathetic from a management point of view when you think about it.  There is nothing you can do to change a decision or influence the next of the officials, you can't reorganise them, swap them around or do anything with them to change a game.  So instead of wanting a manager jumping up down like a spoilt kid shouting and swearing at the referee shouldnt we want them concentrating on what they can influence, the organisation and tactics of there own team?  That's passion, referee bating is just childish petulance.

Exactly!Michael Brown comes to mind.He never watched the game as spent most of his time moaning at officials.To think ,he is on BBC R5Live,  as a summariser nowadays.Some expert he is🤔🤔

Excellent appointment for me. To get these two experienced guys working together at Vale Park is a real statement of intent and huge credit to the owners for financing both deals. It must have cost them a lot of money. I could not have imagined anything like this happening a few years ago.

Let's hope, given time and a fair wind, we can begin to see some progress on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards.

Archived