onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official website: Port Vale appoints Darrell Clarke as new Manager

News Feed

44 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Glad for Pughy that he's staying on,the players speak highly of him as a person and a coach.

First of all, I’m happy with the appointment of Darrell Clarke . It gives Vale a very solid manager and director of football to see out the season , get their bearings , and  plan things out for next season. I have  questions about Pugh , though. You may not be able to answer all of them. 

Do the players speak highly of him because he lets them get away with things ? 

Is he really a good coach?  I’ve honestly seen nothing to say that he is , although you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear with this lot of players. 

Will the players get in his ear to influence the manager? Hopefully not , as I should think that most of the wasters will be gone. 

I think Pugh should be let go , personally. He wasn’t a good player , and he won’t make a good assistant manager. A clean slate for me. Now, where’s that tin hat? 

Advert

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I see Blakeman is up to his usual tricks again with his negativity.

Can't RS just sack the little worm?

Couldn't think who he reminds me of :-

image.png.38c95684f5914ee26ba7eb5336043b83.png

Its the smug-faced little git David Platt from Coronation Street! (for those that watch it)

- reckon David would be a better football presenter/pundit!

I must admit that  having made a decent appointment in Flitcroft was then slightly concerned financially that we signed Clarke as well.  Thought process was either would be acceptable and did we need both and could the extra money  have gone on players ?

Good therefore to hear Carol on the radio addressing that point and saying because of the salary cap we could not spend anymore money on the team.

Vale fans need to get prepared for some tactic tinkering 

I have just been through the first half or so of his league 2 promotion campaign at Bristol Rovers 

he played

442 x 13 games

352 x 5 games

532 x 8 games

I stopped at that point.

Longest run of not changing formations was 6 games of consecutive 442.

After John “433 no matter what” Askey I’m ok with some tinkering and hopefully he can find 2 formations for different situations and settle with those.

Has anyone else noticed that the negative posters on here are nowhere to be seen tonight which highlights the fact that they actually only want us to do bad so that they can try cause up a storm with being negative about everything. 

find it really strange how they have nothing to say when something positive happens within the club

Welcome Clarkey.... It’s simple...

i m 56 my dads 85 my sons 34 my daughters 29 granddaughters are 8, 11, 14.

give us some reasons to look forward to the vale playing rather than having misery imparted upon us whenever we watch the vale or listen to the vale commentary or check our phones for the vale score 

thanks. 

Archived