onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official website: Port Vale appoints Darrell Clarke as new Manager

News Feed

Advert

A proper manager. 4 promotions 10 years, with 44.5% win rate and holds the highest coaching qualifications.

Still only 42 and has worked under a DoF before.

Revered by the Gas; Walsall fans split but they're hardly going to wish him well as he dumps on them mid-season for a club they consider a rival.

I was genuinely concerned the DoF model would lead to an untested rookie. We've managed to snag a highly-qualified, young coach with a raft of success under his belt and nearly 500 games of management.

Very pleased, after a worrying few weeks.

As you were.

Lots of positives to make most happy. Not a journeyman, not an untried rookie. Record of success at this level. We went and got the man we wanted instead of taking whatever dregs were left. And for all the talk of leaks from the club, no one had any idea this was on the cards.

This came from nowhere! But, I'm pleased with this appointment - he clearly ticks all the boxes, and leaves Walsall in 11th place to join a Vale team lower down the League - which must say something about the potential he sees in our club? Also, I'm massively impressed by the criteria for anyone applying for Academy Head of Coaching (is / was this Sinclair's job?) position - if they tick all those boxes they're a very high calibre coach!

'appy!!

When Walsall were relegated he signed 16 players, with 23 leaving - they finished 12th last season. That's not easy to turn around a relegated club with a high turnover like that.

They're currently 6 points off the playoffs and 4 points ahead of us. 

I'm happy with this. There were some horrific names floating about!

Out of the blue but a very good appointment in my opinion. One of the better managers around at our level.

I am happy we have bought in a man ager rather than a young coach to develop into a manager.

Well done PVFC for a massive investment in our future.

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Vale 9 seasons , spells of 3 and 6 years in the 2nd tier since 88,  Walsall  2 seasons, 2 relegations.  

I don't see the point of the arbitrary 'since 1988'.

Vale over 40 seasons in the Championship. Walsall about 12. Small town in Cannock. 

Archived