Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

I expect we will play 4-2-3-1 tomorrow to try and protect the back four and keep a clean sheet to give us confidence to move forward.
4-4-2 if we end up chasing the game.
I expect the same, although the defence has been leaking like a culinder all season, the midfield hasn't done its job of protecting them neither. Maybe Oyeleke or Burgess sat alongside Joyce to stiffen our resolve. Getting clean sheets is going to be the main priority, rather than chasing games all the time. It will be interesting to see who DC plays in that defensive midfield role. Fancy us to stink the place out tomorrow, park the bus and hit them on the break late on. And if that's the case il be delighted, we need some grubby one nil smash n grabs to get us clear of the bottom.
  • Like 4

Advert:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I don’t get about you, and posters like you, is where the anger and vitriol comes from, or what you think it might achieve? Guthrie is a young lad trying to earn a living. He probably knows bette

Jeez, since the game ended all I've seen on here is childish bickering. Some on here need to grow up. A decent point away, I'm happy with that.

Lots of effort and a bit of fight today although I thought we were very poor with the ball.  Disappointing to concede out of nothing - I thought we looked very comfortable up until that point the

Posted Images

Gibbo at least appears to be training as does Monty, Woz and Manny so looks like we will have almost all our big players available which is a boost.

Gibbons and Monty full backs, Rodders and Woz on the wings get at them down the flanks!

I would like to see Swan get a go.

Picked up on a few photos from a lad on instagram who met the manager and took some photos off the ongoing preparations for the Leyton Orient game and on one them quite clearly there was four players working together Gibbons Legge Smith and Montano, then theres another Smith on with Joyce in front so I think theres 6 starters for sat with Conlon captain and he will probably go with Brown I wouldnt but he will  

The other positions I wasnt so sure off going off the pics .

Looking forwards to it regardless UTV 

The 11 he had out today didn't have Monty or Legge in it but I don't know who was playing where as I didn't walk past until late . I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurst at left back from what I did see though

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dishydave said:

The 11 he had out today didn't have Monty or Legge in it but I don't know who was playing where as I didn't walk past until late . I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurst at left back from what I did see though

Hope not. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Jacob_123 said:

I’m sure I read he played left back a lot for Bradford Park Avenue

Massive step up, he’s done well out wide he should be left there imo. Monty is plenty good enough at left back for me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

He did,maybe Clarke has seen something in him for that position when training,its just that we haven't seen him there,he has pace and can tackle and maybe not as hot headed as Monty. I notice that he said the squad has been built to play just one system and that he doesn't play just one system so looks like he will have to alter some players anyway 

Play Gibbo, even if he’s 5% fit. We can’t go on with non-league players in the back 4 and expect to keep clean sheets in the football league.

1 hour ago, Jacob_123 said:

He played more at leftback than any other position. He also played quite often as a holding midfield player.

• Like 2

Advert:

Advert:

Campbell Gordon travelled with the squad apparently according to source on fb .

Going be a interesting afternoon tomorrow for sure ,the team news is going shock I should imagine 

Will be interesting to see what the manager goes with tomorrow, The primary objective should be not to lose. Would be nice to win if we can. Got to provide greater protection for the back 4.

I'd go 4-2-3-1.

If DeVante is not fit:

Gibbo  Legge  Smith   Monty

Oyeleke Joyce

Worrall   Conlon  Taylor

Guthire

If Devante is fit;

Gibbo  Legge  Smith   Monty

Joyce   Conlon

Worrall   Taylor  Rodney

Guthire

The defence and defensive midfield need to be drilled and made effective in all aspects. Actually if we are going to play two defensive midfield players I would be tempted to try Smith in there. Just stop the opposition coming down the centre of the pitch and add weight both ends of the pitch at free kicks. Can he transition; doesn't need to improve much on the ball at League 2 level.