onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

No Taylor even though Worrall was subbed out. Hmmmm.... might not fit in a team with only 1 attacking centre mid? We’ll see, early days, and DC changes the formation apparently. We’ll probs need all the midfielders we’ve got if he sends them back out injured............ *sips tea*

Advert

52 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Say what you want about Legge. But  I was bloody relieved when he came on.

He marshalled that back four in a rear guard action.

He's excellent when we're under pressure. It's when we have more of the ball and teams counter us that he becomes a worry as he doesn't have the legs obviously. But for me him and Smith are just slow as a combination - Both would be better with a pacey centre-back next to them.

22 minutes ago, 1 said:

No Taylor even though Worrall was subbed out. Hmmmm.... might not fit in a team with only 1 attacking centre mid? We’ll see, early days, and DC changes the formation apparently. We’ll probs need all the midfielders we’ve got if he sends them back out injured............ *sips tea*

I don't think he "Sent" him back out again he would have asked Worrall if he wanted to play to say he sent him out against his wishes is silly.

Just now, Mario said:

I don't think he "Sent" him back out again he would have asked Worrall if he wanted to play to say he sent him out against his wishes is silly.

From the interview it sounds like Worrall said he wanted to stay on and then Clarke said ok can you give me 10/15 mins. 

If you look at the game hursty has had the best chance of the first half and Rodney's headed against the bar what frustrated me the most was the way there players were finding it each other quite easily and Conlon was a passenger all game in my opinion he didnt affect the game at all come think of it neither did Oyeleke we need more that's for sure .

Guthrie battled on but come on lad get it in the net and Rodney I'm sure had a shot blocked by someone with there hands,he needs work harder when we without the ball 

My Mark's

Brown 6 his mark would be a lot higher if he claimed corners and crosses,frightened me stiff at times yesterday .

Gibbons 6 great to have him back needs get his bucaneering runs going to create for the Vale ,going put there goal down to good play we werent tight enough at times but with it being Gibbons first  full game back he was always going tire at some point .

mustapha 6 thought he did alright a few times wrong side of his man but generally he did ok .

Smith 7 Vales star man was solid and did a very good job throughout .

Crookes 6 passing let's him down but his defensive work was good throughout ,not a bad display need try to be more confident on the ball .

Worrall 6 great goal first half was wondering why he didnt seem at full throttle, played with a injury great character that maybe we should have left him on and taken him off after he was involved in our second goal as we seemed lose momentum when he went off even though he wasnt at his best by a long stretch. 

Joyce 6 battled away well think if we going play solid football (not entertaining football )then I do not think Conlon is quite good enough play alongside him as he seems get the wrong side of the opposition players regularly. 

Conlon 5 disappointed in him didnt get hold of the game ,no fine passing ,nothing really from him to grab your attention ,worked hard though but we need quality he possesses it but didnt show it at all .

Hurst 6 faded badly especially at doing his defensive work second half a few times but in general I was pleased with what he did on the ball first half he hit a 35 yard pass straight to Worrall what was superb then he got in there on another move and should have scored ,then second half he puts a very decent ball in what Rodney hits the bar with in general I feel he is a good un for say a hr a game then he fades .

Guthrie 6 worked his proverbials off I wish something would drop for this lad ,deflected header wide just after Worralls goal on another day it goes in ,I felt his work and application were good .

Rodney 6 defo a talent I'd like see more from him though as first line of defence with his pace he should get after them defenders and get them  cause errors yesterday there centre half was given too much room ,high press get the ball off him ,as for when he gets the ball he always looks capable of doing something I'm sure when he cut in from the left in the second half and shot there player handled it .,hit the bar and drove a shot wildly wide in first half which ended up a corner ,I expect more from him .

Subs Legge 6 did well I thought 

Oyeleke 5 very disappointed in him did he do anything I expect better .

Clarke 7 good organisation you can see within four training sessions that he can make it harder for the opposition score .

A ok start roll on Stevenage UTV tuesday night 19.00 

10 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Didn’t John Jeffers skin Peter Fox who came racing out of his goal and cross it for Jepson to head against the bar?? We were 1-0 up I think at the time. 

This should clear this one up !

Report from Sentinel.

The Vale could have - probably should have - claimed the winner when Jeffers went scampering down the left, chasing a through ball from Earle.

Peter Fox came out of his area to challenge the Vale winger on the touchline but Jeffers nicked the ball past him and and hit a deep cross to the back post where Ron Futcher rose high to send a header against the bar.

The rebound fell to sub Ronnie Jepson....but he headed wide.

Some of the criticism on hear is utterly bewildering. Crookes was fine, he defended the back stick really well and the only mistake I can remember was when he gave that daft free kick away just in the corner flag. Likewise Guthrie, just doesn’t have a goal in him at the moment, but occupies the defence with his presence, freeing up space for Rodney. We were one mistake away from what would have been the perfect away performance, and that from a player people won’t have a bad word said about.

3 minutes ago, barny61 said:

The Vale could have - probably should have - claimed the winner when Jeffers went scampering down the left, chasing a through ball from Earle.

Peter Fox came out of his area to challenge the Vale winger on the touchline but Jeffers nicked the ball past him and and hit a deep cross to the back post where Ron Futcher rose high to send a header against the bar.

Knew it was something like that!

39 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Report from Sentinel.

I was standing right in front of the goal that day next to the railings. I still have no idea how he managed to miss. He never did score for us either.

4 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I was standing right in front of the goal that day next to the railings. I still have no idea how he managed to miss. He never did score for us either.

I was right behind the goal as well. Jepson was a Stoke fan, never scored for us but banged a load of goals in for Huddersfield, that says it all.

Archived