onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, valiant_593 said:

He must have impressed in training as he’s been very poor especially at left back. Was alright today, quite good defensively although his distribution wasn’t good enough. I’d still rather see Monty there 

left back will be one of the first positions addressed in the summer.

Advert

2 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I'm with you Tyler. We have recruited mediocre dross on the whole for years. We are 19th in league 2 for a reason.

Recruitment on the whole with a few exceptions has been poor.

19th in League 2 and playing with a striker that has scored about 4 goals in over 2 years. Still, nevermind eh.

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

I'm with you Tyler. We have recruited mediocre dross on the whole for years. We are 19th in league 2 for a reason.

Recruitment on the whole with a few exceptions has been poor.

Not sure anyone would disagree with this but, you know, a bit of optimism won’t harm anyone. We’ve had a massive couple of weeks which will hopefully improve the club, and the manager has got a point away from home in his first match. Onwards and upwards?

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

He must have impressed in training as he’s been very poor especially at left back. Was alright today, quite good defensively although his distribution wasn’t good enough. I’d still rather see Monty there 

A position which has haunted us since Dicko left. 

Crookes has gone from 3rd choice to 1st choice. Although today maybe purely because we were away from home. 

The left back is a position that really needs addressing and has done for a good while 

Vale fan on Radio Stoke says he spoke to Montano yesterday and Montano was telling him that the Covid has really taken it out of him.

Perhaps we should start accepting that it can take some people months to properly overcome it.

Just because a player has done his two weeks isolation it doesn't mean he is fit and raring to go.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

19th in League 2 and playing with a striker that has scored about 4 goals in over 2 years. Still, nevermind eh.

We can only hope things will change, I'm sure they will. otherwise there will soon be a lot of very disappointed people, starting with the Shanahan's.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I said earlier it was a decent point, as is any away from home. Performance wise it was bang average with very little quality as usual. If you want to pretend it was more than that then go right ahead, whatever makes you sleep better. Doesn't mean that I have to agree though.

Good point this. Focusing on the positives does help me sleep better. Carol, new DOF, new manager, decent result away from home. There’ll be plenty of days to moan and groan about, but today, I’m going to choose to focus on those things, rather than a forward we’ve signed for a few months not having scored. 🛌 not sure how you expected the quality to get better in a couple of weeks? If the players weren’t very good last month why were they going to be much better this. ?I’m guessing we’ll have to wait until the summer for that.

1 minute ago, pete vale said:

We can only hope things will change, I'm sure they will. otherwise there will soon be a lot of very disappointed people, starting with the Shanahan's.

Isn't it all about muddling through Pete ?

The proper Clarke and Flitcroft work will start as soon as the last game of this shocking season is over.

August is when the clean slate will start and their ideas and recruitment will be scrutinised.

This season is all about getting over the line .

You can't polish a turd. His hands are pretty much tied with what we've got. 

Just now, pete vale said:

I'm sure it will. But for some reason some people here expect everyone to be optimistic before the club has really done anything. Personally I'm happy enough with the appointment of the manager. Less so with he DoF but it's something different, and I won't say anything negative about the club trying to do something different. It will either be a huge cock up or it could be a masterstroke. Time will tell. But when the majority of the squad needs replacing and people are getting excited over a striker because he holds up the ball now and again, but doesn't actually score, I'm not going to get up and start doing the Riverdance in excitement.

11 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If only you could see the irony in your own post. Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

Yeah you DEFINITELY come across as stable and level headed and not like a manic rollercoaster who goes off like a pop rocket if someone questions your view and argues like a cat in a bag with anyone who points out that you may be ... you know... over the top.

Seriously calm and measured. Level headed personified. 

2 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Good point this. Focusing on the positives does help me sleep better. Carol, new DOF, new manager, decent result away from home. There’ll be plenty of days to moan and groan about, but today, I’m going to choose to focus on those things, rather than a forward we’ve signed for a few months not having scored. 🛌 not sure how you expected the quality to get better in a couple of weeks? If the players weren’t very good last month why were they going to be much better this. ?I’m guessing we’ll have to wait until the summer for that.

You're more than entitled to get as optimistic and positive as you want. That's good for you. I don't have to match your optimism or enthusiasm though. The result was decent today, everything else was pretty much the same, and will be until the manager has the chance to get rid of a lot of our players.

Just now, darren1810 said:

Isn't it all about muddling through Pete ?

The proper Clarke and Flitcroft work will start as soon as the last game of this shocking season is over.

August is when the clean slate will start and their ideas and recruitment will be scrutinised.

This season is all about getting over the line .

You can't polish a turd. His hands are pretty much tied with what we've got. 

I agree but I'm not going to defend poor recruitment during which hopes were so high. We could see the frailties and dependence on Brown, Legge, Smith, Joyce, Worrall and Pope. Muddling through was not at the forefront of my mind and I'm sure not the owners. Wins against Grimsby and Southend have given us some space and yes we are 'muddling' through which is a big disappointment to many and may well reflect in ST's and gates next season.

I go and have gone for what will be my 46th season next season but many won't and will need to be sold 'the dream' again

Archived