onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

As I've said before, there's a portion of fans on OVF that deserve the nonentity the club has become. Happy just to be a football club in the dizzy heights of League Two. Happy to have strikers that don't score goals, just as long as they don't fall on there faces when they put one foot in front of the other. Happy to go nowhere on the pitch just as long as they can have a luekwarm pie and Bovril on match day when they ae allowed in stadiums again.

Wand

Advert

4 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

His interview today was exactly what i expected him to come out with.  He would never slate anyone publicly after todays hard fought point. Point that we are desperate for. This is not his mess but he has to sort it out with the players he has available.

Also think that if Monty had played against Wilkinson we could have had a defensive problem on our hands. Monty will not be able to stop himself from attacking, quite rightly, Crookes can only defend so i expected this choice at left back.

Good point about Wilkinson. He's a player I really like on the few occasions I've seen him. Could of had a field day against Montano.

Horses for courses ? Montano surely in against Stevenage

As I've said before, there's a portion of fans on OVF that deserve the nonentity the club has become. Happy just to be a football club in the dizzy heights of League Two. Happy to have strikers that don't score goals, just as long as they don't fall on there faces when they put one foot in front of the other. Happy to go nowhere on the pitch just as long as they can have a lukewarm pie and Bovril on match day when they are allowed in stadiums again.
You having a bad night Tylar...

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

As I've said before, there's a portion of fans on OVF that deserve the nonentity the club has become. Happy just to be a football club in the dizzy heights of League Two. Happy to have strikers that don't score goals, just as long as they don't fall on there faces when they put one foot in front of the other. Happy to go nowhere on the pitch just as long as they can have a lukewarm pie and Bovril on match day when they are allowed in stadiums again.

And there’s another portion who do nowt but moan.  If we’d lost today Tyler would have spontaneously combusted. 

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

As I've said before, there's a portion of fans on OVF that deserve the nonentity the club has become. Happy just to be a football club in the dizzy heights of League Two. Happy to have strikers that don't score goals, just as long as they don't fall on there faces when they put one foot in front of the other. Happy to go nowhere on the pitch just as long as they can have a luekwarm pie and Bovril on match day when they ae allowed in stadiums again.

Then there are those that think having a manic breakdown every Saturday and arguing with people like a cat in a bag whenever someone questions their posts means they are more of a fan and want success more.

Maybe those you reference are just a bit more stable?

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Balance is not a word I would associate with your posts, Tyler?

Why not? I clearly give players and staff credit when I feel it's due. For some reason criticism seems to be frowned upon here. Why does calling out a striker that hasn't scored a goal all season for two clubs send some into a frenzy?

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Balance is not a word I would associate with your posts, Tyler?

Spot on. All about opinions of course but continual denial about decent or half decent efforts is just strange. 

Sometimes Tyler maybe reflect on the game a little longer ?

Hope you haven't forgotten your rash post about how wonderful Harrogate were earlier in the season 

50 quid to charity was the bet .

I found it interesting that Clarke has immediately identified our defensive frailties and realised that we needed a stronger left back against Wilkinson in addition to more height/strength in the team. Hence he brought on Legge for the new fella.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Our strikers generally live off scraps as we don't often create many clear cut chances in most games. It's disappointing that Guthrie hasn't scored a goal yet but he puts in a shift for us and helps get us get up the pitch. Despite the critics on here we miss Tom Pope's presence in the squad.

That's a valuable and good point today. All that matters now is to keep us up and we can worry about squad changes in the summer.

An away point is always a good one. Solid if unspectacular start. We'd all take that after our abysmal showing in the last away game.

18 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

New manager but same old performance. POOR

At least Clarke will know what is needed after the next few games, if he doesnt already. Can see a minimum of 5 new players in our starting line up for next season.

Plenty of stick for Guthrie. Hes not the top striker in the division but hes the best front player we have until Pope pushes him when fit. We still need to replace Pope before we write him off. Guthrie can score goals and has done but his goals scored were created by others. Cant remember too many chances he missed today. Give him a break. Hes the best we have for the next few games at least.

Crookes is poor. Yes he was picked to do a job on Wilkinson [ i think ] and not too bad a job against a decent player, although a cheat for me. Crookes also a taller player and should help out in ariel battles. Should ???? Distribution and as a footballer - shocking.

Can see Monty playing on Tuesday unless Stevenage have a wide player that Clarke feels needs attention.

Sorry, i know Hurst is young and may improve but he again has shown nothing to offer hope of a decent div 2 player that we need. Yes a cross came in but i am looking at 90 mins performance for us. He does offer work rate and commitment to the team. Still he has time and deserves a chance. Would have been a gamble bringing on Taylor for him, unless we are losing and then i would expect that to happen.

I do find Rodney infuriating to watch. He is fast, faster than his brain at times. He is strong, too strong and overhits some passes. Danger when he has the ball in front of goal and even when 30 yards away you wonder what next.  He also offers little when we need his effort to hold the ball up or to win the ball back or play a simple ball to get us moving again.. IF someone can get this out of him [ if its in him ] there will be a player for sure. To me it should be there in him now and if it is he should make sure its put to use. Still our one and only option for goals. I would certainly play Pope up front with him and its a shame Pope was injured after one game together. 

Good luck Clarke. You will need it. If you are successful then we will be happy fans in a year or so.

Thanks again to our owners for their backing. Lets get behind them soon as we can.

Your opinion of Hurst blows my mind. Not great today, but I think we should get a 2 year contract in front of him ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Then there are those that think having a manic breakdown every Saturday and arguing with people like a cat in a bag whenever someone questions their posts means they are more of a fan and want success more.

Maybe those you reference are just a bit more stable?

If only you could see the irony in your own post. Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

Just now, TylerB said:

Why not? I clearly give players and staff credit when I feel it's due. For some reason criticism seems to be frowned upon here. Why does calling out a striker that hasn't scored a goal all season for two clubs send some into a frenzy?

I'm with you Tyler. We have recruited mediocre dross on the whole for years. We are 19th in league 2 for a reason.

Recruitment on the whole with a few exceptions has been poor.

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He clearly rates Crookes higher than a few on here. 

He must have impressed in training as he’s been very poor especially at left back. Was alright today, quite good defensively although his distribution wasn’t good enough. I’d still rather see Monty there 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Spot on. All about opinions of course but continual denial about decent or half decent efforts is just strange. 

Sometimes Tyler maybe reflect on the game a little longer ?

Hope you haven't forgotten your rash post about how wonderful Harrogate were earlier in the season 

50 quid to charity was the bet .

I said earlier it was a decent point, as is any away from home. Performance wise it was bang average with very little quality as usual. If you want to pretend it was more than that then go right ahead, whatever makes you sleep better. Doesn't mean that I have to agree though.

Archived