onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Okay. So at the end of the season when he's got just one or two goals and assists to his name, I'll still be saying that's he's crap and a poor signing. You don't get released by Bradford if you're decent.

What if he’s part of a team that goes on an unbeaten run, finishing higher than any of us think is possible? Would you still make that judgement?

Advert

13 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

He certainly did .

Solid today well played .

With Gibbons just coming back I think they targeted that side as game wore on ,Leyton Orients a decent football team should be with playing Jobi Mcnuff in there team good player that lad .

We deserved a point 

Fair play mate to give a player you don't rate a fair assessment. 

Just now, grand prix pants said:

What if he’s part of a team that goes on an unbeaten run, finishing higher than any of us think is possible? Would you still make that judgement?

If he doesn't score a goal every now and again then yes, very much so. I'm not expecting him to come into a poor side and score every week, or even every other week. But he's not scored all season for either Bradford or ourselves. And has barely scored a goal over the last couple of seasons. This isn't just a bad run of form that any forward can suffer. He's nowhere near good enough, it's as simple as that.

Disappointed at the negativity.

The only remit for me is keep us up. 

We've gained a point on 2 of the bottom sides. 

Was an okay performance a draw was fair. I really hope Guthrie scores against Stevenage. Am I waxing lyrical about how wonderful he is .....nope. But give the lad a break he's come into a side who've won is it 2 in 14 ? 

He worked hard. Yes of course he needs a goal but crikey give him some leeway before the public hanging 

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If he doesn't score a goal every now and again then yes, very much so. I'm not expecting him to come into a poor side and score every week, or even every other week. But he's not scored all season for either Bradford or ourselves. And has barely scored a goal over the last couple of seasons. This isn't just a bad run of form that any forward can suffer. He's nowhere near good enough, it's as simple as that.

What I don’t get about you, and posters like you, is where the anger and vitriol comes from, or what you think it might achieve? Guthrie is a young lad trying to earn a living. He probably knows better than anyone that his performances will determine whether he has a professional contract anywhere come next season. His dream, to be a pro footballer, hangs in the balance. I’m guessing he could have sat in his backside at Bradford and picked up his money until the end of the season. He’ll be desperate to succeed. As a Vale fan, I’m desperate for him to succeed too. I hope he does. I wish him luck. Better to be him than a keyboard warrior salivating at the chance to stick the boot in on the evening of a good away result.

23 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thats the one,i was trying remember if it was the bar or post,yes if i remember it was more or less an open goal as the cross took the keeper out... i was to busy celebrating the errrrmmmmm goal tbh

I only now because I was stood right behind the goal on one brink of exploding with joy. Still it was a bloody good day out. I hope you enjoyed it

4 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

What I don’t get about you, and posters like you, is where the anger and vitriol comes from, or what you think it might achieve? Guthrie is a young lad trying to earn a living. He probably knows better than anyone that his performances will determine whether he has a professional contract anywhere come next season. His dream, to be a pro footballer, hangs in the balance. I’m guessing he could have sat in his backside at Bradford and picked up his money until the end of the season. He’ll be desperate to succeed. As a Vale fan, I’m desperate for him to succeed too. I hope he does. I wish him luck. Better to be him than a keyboard warrior salivating at the chance to stick the boot in on the evening of a good away result.

Spot on, I just don't understand the anger..........

We've got to give Guthrie chance but he hasn't done much yet! Hopefully DC will get the best out of him. Tuesday would be a good time to score against his former club. 🤞

Good point today. The games are thick and fast now, we need a good run to stay clear of the bottom two. I can't believe Stevenage have caught us in the league. 

UTV! 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He does like a clear out does Clarke often turning around 12-16 players so i think there will be massive changes in the summer.

Regarding what people are saying about Guthrie,i thought he started off well in his first few games for us BUT i will say he has been poor in the last 2 for me,as i said earlier i would of liked to see Rodders and Swan up top today,plenty of pace and tricks in those 2 i think,i hope we see it Tuesday. Worrall having to go off changed the play for us today,hopefully he is back Tuesday.

I think Conlon looked worse today as we were looking mainly to hit the ball long through the channels which bypasses the midfield a bit,having said that some wont agree but i dont think Joyce did much wrong today and also thought Crookes(apart from the odd blip) had one of his better games for us.

Need to go out for a win on Tuesday though,happy with a point and some positives,he isn't going to change it around over night with another managers team,Askey lost his first 4 i think. I will also say it looked like we had a proper manager on the touchline at last if you know what i mean

onwards and upwards

Deffo know what you mean was in the lawn street for last seasons encounter, you could clearly here Clarke’s  and rest of the Walsall benches opinions on every decision !!!!! 

Archived