onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Dangermouse3 said:

For me, Guthrie tries hard but he will need to gamble more. I thought that a couple of half chances could have been better opportunities if he had gambled/ anticipated more.

Would like him to score as he seems to be a team man.

I agree - there was a cross 2nd half that I think Rodders put in that probably Pope would have been flinging himself at. Guthrie seems a bit on his heels sometimes when the ball comes into the box. 

Advert

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Wow that really is school playground stuff 🙄

Couldn't agree more. It's why I find it somewhat amusing that people allow themselves to get so rattled and worked up with anything I post here. I can literally sense the steam coming out of some people's ears, and on an online forum, it's a little bit strange. 

Just now, Jacko51 said:

I don't agree.  We desperately need clean sheets.  We are the fourth highest scorers in the division.  Unfortunately, we have the fourth worst defensive record.

And despite that, none of our strikers score enough goals. Rodney is doing just fine all things considered. But the rest are nowhere near up to it. Pope I can forgive because of his age and injuries this season.

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

And despite that, none of our strikers score enough goals. Rodney is doing just fine all things considered. But the rest are nowhere near up to it. Pope I can forgive because of his age and injuries this season.

Well somebody's scoring them!

20 minutes ago, TylerB said:

None of our strikers score enough goals and that's been the case for a while. Just because we suddenly went dog <ovf censored> at the back doesn't mean we can suddenly ignore things at the other end of the pitch. And the signing of Guthrie hasn't changed that fact one little bit yet. Ask any striker at any level and they will tell you they are judged on goals.

But we are the fourth highest goalscorers in the league?

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Only at Port Vale could some people sound content with a striker that hasn't scored a goal all season and couldn't hit a barn door with the proverbial banjo.

We are where we are...

Try being a bit more optimistic, you never know it might make you a bit happier with life. 
I’ve not seen Guthrie play but I always think of Sidibe at Stoke, who never scored but Pulis played him every week and valued his contribution. Calvin Andrew was similar - couldn’t score but had a good career in a league higher than us. So, maybe, let’s have a look at Guthrie’s overall contribution over the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Smithy had a good game. I'll get me coat.

He certainly did .

Solid today well played .

With Gibbons just coming back I think they targeted that side as game wore on ,Leyton Orients a decent football team should be with playing Jobi Mcnuff in there team good player that lad .

We deserved a point 

1 hour ago, grand prix pants said:

Try being a bit more optimistic, you never know it might make you a bit happier with life. 
I’ve not seen Guthrie play but I always think of Sidibe at Stoke, who never scored but Pulis played him every week and valued his contribution. Calvin Andrew was similar - couldn’t score but had a good career in a league higher than us. So, maybe, let’s have a look at Guthrie’s overall contribution over the rest of the season.

Ahh, brilliant. Just what all Vale fans across the land wanted to hear. That Kurtis Guthrie reminds you of Mamady Sidibe.

Archived