onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

Would have taken a point at 3 00pm and especially after the Barrow and Southend results.

Excellent goal by Worrall, hope his injury is just a niggle, he's so important to Vale.

Clarke has to find a system to accommodate Taylor as he's class at this level. 

Irrespective of what's going on with Legge he has to play, just has to be protected from a 1 on 1 situation with a fast tricky player.

Advert

My main problem is I don’t agree with the bashing of specific players like Guthrie when they’ve not been great. By all means, say they’ve played badly but he’s getting ripped to shreds and it’s way OTT. As long as a player is putting in 100%, that’s all I can ask. They may be <ovf censored>, and I can call them out on it like how Conlon was terrible today, but I’m not gonna be bashing them constantly on here if they’re giving it their all. Guthrie is putting in the effort. By all means say you think he’s poor, but this bashing of him constantly is really starting to pee me off.

Absolutely... I rate Gibbo very highly and are 1000 times better with him in the side.

Gibbons made a Mills level error second half... difference was he got back put in an excellent tackle to win it back in the box just as he was about to puall the trigger.

Decent point I guess, felt Orient were there for the taking though and we had that right where we wanted at 1-0 but after the goal it became more open, we’ve hit the bar but they’ve had a few half chances so guess a fair result.

Big test for Clarke will be the home form now. If we can grind points here and there away that is good but need to pick up results at Vale Park be interesting to see how we set up for Stevenage.

Lots of effort and a bit of fight today although I thought we were very poor with the ball. 

Disappointing to concede out of nothing - I thought we looked very comfortable up until that point then we looked very shaky for 15 mins which just shows how fragile we are. Its going to take a while to get that confidence back.

I can't believe the criticism of Guthrie on here. He worked his socks off and won most of the headers against the CB. Never had any decent cross to attack. The only time put a good cross in he moved to the back post taking two defenders with him and created the space for Rodney to attack when he hit the bar. Don't know what people expect from him in a game like that.

1 point further away from the drop zone - lets hope we can build on that with a clean sheet on Tuesday and improve our play with the ball.

26 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Clearly set up for a point and that’s what we got. Bit negative for my liking but I guess that’s the situation we’re in.

Too many players offer nothing.

Point away wins at home is promotion form in some seasons.

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So if he doesn't score a single goal for us until he sods off back to Bradford, you wont mind just as long as you can say he worked hard for he team? 

Brilliant.

Nope. Couldn’t care less. By your logic he could get 50 assists and no goals and you’d say he’s <ovf censored>. 

Actually, I don’t know why I’m bothering, aren’t you the same bloke who was criticising Worrall for not scoring goals despite him leading the league in assists? Not gonna waste my time anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

My main problem is I don’t agree with the bashing of specific players like Guthrie when they’ve not been great. By all means, say they’ve played badly but he’s getting ripped to shreds and it’s way OTT. As long as a player is putting in 100%, that’s all I can ask. They may be <ovf censored>, and I can call them out on it like how Conlon was terrible today, but I’m not gonna be bashing them constantly on here if they’re giving it their all. Guthrie is putting in the effort. By all means say you think he’s poor, but this bashing of him constantly is really starting to pee me off.

I'm sure he's not quite as mentally fragile and timid as you seem to be. It's a forum for crying out loud.

6 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So if he doesn't score a single goal for us until he sods off back to Bradford, you wont mind just as long as you can say he worked hard for he team? 

Brilliant.

You do know he’s not on loan,  why would he be returning to Bradford.

Just now, TylerB said:

I'm sure he's not quite as mentally fragile and timid as you seem to be. It's a forum for crying out loud.

You really are a <ovf censored> aren’t you. I don’t hate myself enough to enjoy tearing other people to bits on the internet, so if you’re classing that as mentally fragile, fair enough, I guess I am.

8 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Nope. Couldn’t care less. By your logic he could get 50 assists and no goals and you’d say he’s <ovf censored>. 

Actually, I don’t know why I’m bothering, aren’t you the same bloke who was criticising Worrall for not scoring goals despite him leading the league in assists? Not gonna waste my time anymore. 

If criticizing is saying someone with a bit more ability than most others in League Two should really be scoring a few more then yeah, it sure was.

And exactly. You're happy with a striker not scoring goals as long as he just actually moves now and again. People like you are part of the reason the club is average League Two fodder. Zero ambition or expectation.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

You really are a <ovf censored> aren’t you. I don’t hate myself enough to enjoy tearing other people to bits on the internet, so if you’re classing that as mentally fragile, fair enough, I guess I am.

Like I said. Timid. Tearing other people to bits? Jesus. Have a day off, drama queen.

Just now, TylerB said:

If criticizing is saying someone with a bit more ability than most other sin League Two should really be scoring a few more then yeah, it sure was.

And exactly. You're happy with a striker not scoring goals as long as he just actually moves now and again. People like you are part of the reason the club is average League Two fodder. Zero ambition or expectation.

Not bothering anymore, you’re deluded. I personally don’t care who scores as long as we’re scoring goals, don’t know why it has to be a striker, and why assists don’t count for anything with you. Have a good night. 

Application was very good however once we gave them a goal they finished the better of the two teams .

The goal was a big setback as I thought we had the winning of the game however disappointingly the goal gave them confidence and knocked our fragile nature but for once we got away with it and didnt lose however going forwards must do much better when we are in the lead .

A ok start but we played better when we lost to them .

A Very big job he as on his hands does Darrell Clarke that's for sure .

Archived