onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

The reality is very simple. Askey’s recruitment was dreadful.

This squad is nowhere near good enough and the first task for Clarke is staying up.

The second task is to bin as much of this dross as he can and build a side that can compete.

Something we’ve been doing for years. Hire a <ovf censored> manager who recruits useless players. Sack manager. Repeat. Hopefully it’s different this time (it certainly looks like it will be). Think there was some deadwood out there again today without whitehead, mills and Fitzpatrick!!

Poor performance where Orient were much the better side.

Very pleased with a point though as it nudges us a little closer to safety.

I didn't expect miracles from Clarke today and certainly didn't expect a win, but I'm happy with his game management. Thought we were professional and made subs at the right time to kill the last 10 mins.

We still need to learn how to string 2 passes together though and Crookes needs to stop his aimless hoofing every time he gets the ball.

Pleased we came away with something.

Regarding Guthrie the effort is there and he gets himself about but for me shouldn't be a starting striker. Reminds me of a Kyle Perry/Reggie type of player.

Thought Rodney and Worrall had good games just hope the Wozza injury isn't too bad. 

I have all the faith in Clarke to get rid of the deadwood end of the season. 

Overall I thought we played well up until they scored, was a solid away performance and managed to create a few chances. After they scored it was all them, did well to hang on. Until their goal I think we looked very well organised defensively and tbf we did well to keep them out after that.

Smith had a great game, hopefully can continue that form. Also though Crookes did well at left back tbh, only thing he did wrong all game was give away a silly free kick. Thought the new lad did ok as well, not sure why he went off unless injured. Thought Joyce also did decent considering people were writing him off before kick off. 

Gibbons much better overall than Mills but the goal was his fault. Thought Conlon had his worse game of the season too, was clearly trying but just kept giving away possession. 

Good day at the office imo, a point gained towards safety especially considering other results, and something to build upon for Clarke. Defensively looked much better and it was nice to see us actually create some chances.

Archived