onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

58 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why wouldn't Campbell-Gordon travel with the squad, he will benefit from the experience of being with the squad for a match.

He was very highly rated by the club at one point but Askey didn't really seem to take to him i guess,maybe Clarke will see something in him

Advert

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why wouldn't Campbell-Gordon travel with the squad, he will benefit from the experience of being with the squad for a match.

This next 11 weeks must be make or break with Campbell Gordon. Considering we’ve been struggling for a decent left back he hasn’t been deemed good enough yet, it’s getting to the stage where he needs to be forcing his way into the managers thinking. 

Legge, Robinson and RCG travelling though is no indication that they’ll be in the squad, they could take 20 players with them and leave some out totally when the manager picks his matchday squad. 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He was very highly rated by the club at one point but Askey didn't really seem to take to him i guess,maybe Clarke will see something in him

I’ve seen a fair bit of him over the years and he’s quick and gets forward well. He reminded me a lot of Ryan Brown. Still not sure you’d thrust him into a relegation battle though. Monty (at the moment) gets picked over him everyday of the week for me 

Firstly, big shout out to Carol for pulling a couple of aces (hopefully not jokers) out of the pack in terms of management, at a time when people - including myself - were starting to get a little twitchy.

I’m still not wholly sold on the DOF model but the one thing you can’t say is we’ve done it on the cheap. Both would have made very decent appointments in their own right so to have both is (potentially) fantastic. 

So, let’s all be thankful for having THE best owners. Thank you Carol and Kevin.

I can’t actually wait for the football after what seems ages. All I want today is a better showing than Tranmere, with a bit more guile, determination and will to win. Contrary to others, I didn’t think Tranny were outstanding by any stretch, but we gifted-wrapped goals to them so they didn’t need to be.

I don’t care what anyone says, the defence shouldn’t get split by a 60+ yard pass whatever level you are at. Plus why did we only start to get niggly and disruptive at 3-1 down, bit too late then.

Speaking of gifted wrapped goals, I’m really hoping we see better than the farcical defending we saw in the home game against these.

In some respects this is a free-hit for Clarke, he can only pick a side based on what he’s seen in training. The first 11 will tell us a lot about the attitude of the players this week. 

I have absolutely no idea which Vale will turn up, the one that could have got double figures at Bolton, the one that dug in and battled for a point at Forest Green, or the one that was absolutely woeful at Scunny.

I’d see any result which saw us keep a clean sheet - even if as somebody so eloquently put it, “we stink the place out” - to be a massive step forward.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

This next 11 weeks must be make or break with Campbell Gordon. Considering we’ve been struggling for a decent left back he hasn’t been deemed good enough yet, it’s getting to the stage where he needs to be forcing his way into the managers thinking. 

Legge, Robinson and RCG travelling though is no indication that they’ll be in the squad, they could take 20 players with them and leave some out totally when the manager picks his matchday squad. 

He's only 19 so I don't think it's make or break. Just needs to impress enough for the new management team there is potential to justify another year. 

Is anybody else really looking forward to the game today for once? What i will say though is we need to give him some time,win,lose or draw,we have to remember none are his players so summer will be massive for us.

I aren't expecting anything this season as long as we can just get away from that bottom two and then build and give it a good go next season under the new set up,it took Askey 4 games to get his first win so we will see. I just want to see the players go out and want to win today and put on a performance that shows that

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Morning all, I need a little help, I have just purchased a match pass for today, I dont usually get chance to watch so its my first one for ages, had confirmation email but thought i had read somewhere I would get a code or is that just for season ticket holders?? And do I just log into my account on I follow and it theoretically should just work??

Thanks in advance 

3 minutes ago, falmouthssoberist said:

Morning all, I need a little help, I have just purchased a match pass for today, I dont usually get chance to watch so its my first one for ages, had confirmation email but thought i had read somewhere I would get a code or is that just for season ticket holders?? And do I just log into my account on I follow and it theoretically should just work??

Thanks in advance 

If you bought it in Ifollow then when you log back in and go to 'Next Match' there should be the option to Watch Match just on/below video screen. 

I think the codes are only issued to season ticket holders. 

4 minutes ago, falmouthssoberist said:

Thanks in advance 

As a season ticket holder we used to get codes but now it's automatic(for home games),around an hour before kick off it gives you the option to click video and it then takes you to the game but it can experience problems

Archived