onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

4 points now separate Walsall with 36 pts in 11th place and Stevenage  with 32 pts in 21st place,  11 teams in all. Time to start a move up by the Vale also on 32 pts. 

What is certain is that this management change has to work. Being effectively joint 21st, with the 20th placed team having games in hand seems unacceptable and shows how much the team has underperformed. 

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

What is certain is that this management change has to work. Being effectively joint 21st, with the 20th placed team having games in hand seems unacceptable and shows how much the team has underperformed. 

In a league of very much of a muchness, scope to move up quickly but scary if we dont .  Carol is staking a lot on these two. 

On 15/02/2021 at 22:03, CambridgeDon said:

How about a few free kicks like this one on Saturday? So clever - the defenders can't watch the ball and the attackers at the same time. Cracking!

Love this routine. Its like something out of the Ted Lasso series.

On 15/02/2021 at 23:03, CambridgeDon said:

How about a few free kicks like this one on Saturday? So clever - the defenders can't watch the ball and the attackers at the same time. Cracking!

It is statistically proven, that the hardest set pieces to defend, is not the first ball but if the ball comes back across, like in your example. Among other reasons, is the one you state. When I worked at academy level here in Denmark, I was responsible for set pieces, so I actually studied this quite intensely. I could bore you to death with stats etc 😅

But we seem to be as lethal on set pieces, as a pair of dull rusty Childs safety scissors...

The one certainty for the players is that they now know the management structure, they know who they have to impress and they know that this is the last chance for some of them. What was that old typing mantra ..... NOW is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the CLUB !

16 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Now think we stand a chance of getting 3 points out of this game now with our new management staff.  See if the players perform for them and play the way we know they can play.

Looking forward to listening to the game now.  Come on Vale.

What if the same back four are picked ,do you still think we stand a chance ,they stand off people ,giving free shots ,free headers .

I hope  David Flitcroft and Darrell Clarke have watched all the games or at at least all the goals we have conceded where you be ashamed concede them playing for the dog and duck .

We need changes at the back that's for sure I'm hoping theres at least 3 out the 4 are dropped from the tranmere game as we cannot afford go there and give Leyton Orient a leg up they are talented enough without the help of certain docile players who have being mainstays in our slide down the league .

Let's hope they are only part players in the future unless the new management can get them playing how they can but seem to have forgotten to do so 

11 hours ago, pensioner said:

The one certainty for the players is that they now know the management structure, they know who they have to impress and they know that this is the last chance for some of them. What was that old typing mantra ..... NOW is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the CLUB !

Hope you are right will be watching paying my tenner and hopefully enjoying a very committed display .

Would say I'm excited ,no not really was excited earlier on in the season but that's being knocked out of me plus many others. 

I've payed to watch us play  Crawley Tranmere(home and away ) ,Carlisle ,Cambridge ,Morecambe ,Scunthorpe(the trilogy )Fleetwood,Cheltenham, Oldham ,Mansfield ,Newport ,Colchester ,Forest Green H Walsall H ,Leyton Orient ,Colchester,Grimsby ,Barrow ,Harrogate so I've seen a fair few games to judge and having had the pleasure of watching much better Vale sides this is one of the worst I have seen defensively going forwards it's ok then a balls up happens at the back then we go to pot (not smoking it but you know what I mean).

The new management  have a massive job on there hands when you reading from some folk its the worst defence in 75 years of watching them ,that poor bloke who 75 years of watching Vale my heart goes out to him .

Good luck to them they will need it 

UTV 

It'll be interesting to see if Clarke goes with much the same team, relying on Pugh's input, or whether he has seen all the players this week and makes his own choices.

I think Gibbo and Monty at full back are definites as long as they're fit - hopefully the break of over a week has got them back to fitness. Any news on them?

On 16/02/2021 at 22:29, Danish Valiant said:

It is statistically proven, that the hardest set pieces to defend, is not the first ball but if the ball comes back across, like in your example. Among other reasons, is the one you state. When I worked at academy level here in Denmark, I was responsible for set pieces, so I actually studied this quite intensely. I could bore you to death with stats etc 😅

But we seem to be as lethal on set pieces, as a pair of dull rusty Childs safety scissors...

Interestingly I watched the 12 min video of the highlights of Bristol Rovers promotion from League 2 under DC.

There were quite a few free kicks and set pieces scored with one or two intricate set plays in there... maybe this is an area of real improvement that he can bring.

My guess I that he will go with a 442 at the weekend... I couldn't find an example of him playing 433 at Rovers or Walsall but he has used 442 a lot (as well as other formations given he has a reputation as a tinker man).

With limited time with a new squad, 442 is also easiest to coach with players knowing their role.

A plea that I fear will fall on deaf ears with some... please don't expect us to come out and win every week now. Its going to be a long slow rebuild which will not really get started until the summer when he can overhaul the squad.

With some of the more "emotional" fans we have on here I can see people quickly becoming frustrated if we don't see instant results. Some one said he was expecting 40 points points to be won between now and the end of the season... That's not only the form of champions but represents 74% of the points on offer and would win the league by a mile with over 100 points!!

We need realistic, calm heads... Based on past performance by some of our posters that will take some effort!!!

3 minutes ago, dishydave said:

At walsall he mainly played 4-2-3-1 away and 4-4-2 at home. His main priority is the defence as it doesnt matter what formation you play when you are giving the opposition a 2 goal head start

I always thought a 4231 would suit us

Brown

Monty   Smith   Brisley    Gibbo

Conlon   Manny

Rodney   Taylor   Worrall

Guthrie

Archived