Official video:First Words: David Flitcroft, PVFC Director of Football

News Feed

Good interview, he spoke with intelligence, I found there was nothing he said that I could disagree with. The issues around recruitment are key.  I sat and worked out the players signed by John Askey with a Macclesfield connection.  Kennedy, Brisley, Fitzpatrick, Whitehead, Lloyd, Burgess, Browne, Evans. None of them has become a regular starter. That was lazy uninformed recruitment.  Add the signings of McKirdy and Robinson, who don;t play and we can see why a DOF should oversee planned recruitment.

Time will tell, but it looks like Carol is properly re-building the football side, having realised her mistake in giving John Askey a 3 year contract, and allowing him to issue 2 year contracts to poor players, and make panic signings just to get numbers in the squad.

I don't expect an immediate turn round or improvement, but if we finally put the right building blocks in place, then it will be a great move forward.

Welcome to VP, and continued good wishes to our wonderful owner in her desire to get things right.

• Like 2

Agreed on the intelligence of what was said.  This is a major restructuring of how we do things, proves once again that Carol and Kevin are prepared to invest to get it right, and brings experience in from outside the club in a way we haven't had for a while.  Good luck David, if you can deliver on those aims, you will have our absolute backing.

• Like 1