Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

I thought that. And its forecasting a maximum temp of -1C all day Saturday, including throughout the game.

Must be a doubt, we don’t even have Smurfwaites hot air to help thaw it out now

Advert:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just say well done to Steve Speed for ensuring no games (so far) this season have been called off for pitch related issues. Great effort

How times and opinions change,.Last season we only needed a decent left back to complete a decent back four.This season,injuries and a loss of form from all the back four has wrecked the season.Time t

You're right about Legge. Yes, his form dipped in the last few games he played but he is still head and shoulders above the rest - and that's literally part of out problem with Smith and Crookes lack

Not sure how the covers work, I.e if frost already underneath as it hasn’t got above freezing for days would they then be useless.

Imagine a lot will be off. Have to see how low it gets. Maybe the case due to distance that Newport travel that we make a decision on Friday as you have to cover half the travel and hotel costs if already travelled.

7 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Will it survive Friday night temperatures?

Can I just say well done to Steve Speed for ensuring no games (so far) this season have been called off for pitch related issues. Great effort

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Lets thank him when we win one.

• Like 1

Advert:

Game off, on the official twitter

Yeah shame as Newport were struggling and without a couple of players but on the flip side another week to get Gibbo fit and the players back along with hopefully a manager.

4 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Yeah shame as Newport were struggling and without a couple of players but on the flip side another week to get Gibbo fit and the players back along with hopefully a manager.

Yes,frozen pitch.

Thought this was the best time to play Newport, although we are not playing well, I actually thought we had a decent chance with Newport's recent results,number of suspensions.  Newport have a Tuesday night game for the next 4 weeks so 16th March at the earliest for the fixture to be played.

9 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Thought this was the best time to play Newport, although we are not playing well, I actually thought we had a decent chance with Newport's recent results,number of suspensions.  Newport have a Tuesday night game for the next 4 weeks so 16th March at the earliest for the fixture to be played.

Pity really, however it gives us more time for the new management to re-jig the players, injuries to recover, and morale to be raised.

• Like 1

Advert:

5 of the 12 games in our league tomorrow already off, mostly the ones with long distances to travel, imagine Morecambe will do an inspection today and a couple more will go tomorrow.

Advert:

Puts pressure on us however as although we have played more games anyway we could slip to 18th. 
We are going 20th at least when they all catch up so pressure is already on we are just kidding ourselves that it isn't

Puts pressure on us however as although we have played more games anyway we could slip to 18th. 
Not quite sure why it puts pressure on us.
In my view until all teams have played an equal amount of games the the bottom end of our league table is very misleading.
We could end up 21st when everyone else has played out their games in hand.
The pressure on us to actually win a number of games soon is immense but no different today with the postponement as yesterday when the game was on.

Only my personal point of view of course.

35 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Would have put pressure on us had we played and then lost!

• Like 1