onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Ok lets hope Flitcroft gets our new manager in  in the coming 24 hrs .

No offence to pughs I'm sure he is well liked although you wouldnt think it how some of them played sat where there performance levels  were underwhelming to say the least and this is someone they supposedly want to play for you could have fooled me .

So team who we got .

Can our best centre half play Leon Legge ? or would rather the opposition head it in our area ?

As unless I was seeing things I didnt see our centre halfs on sat getting first to any crosses on sat thank goodness we only let them have 6 easy chances from crosses and a nice simple through ball where Crookes and Smith didnt communicate with one another and hey presto theres ya Legge up (sorrythe pun)one down the opposition done nowt deserve it but there you go anyway .

So in light of that what I witnessed theres a fair few changes I'd be making as all the crosses what come in I was not impressed that our goalie stood still like he was stuck in sinking sand ,get out catch everything ,shot stopper great ,organiser of defence needs some work doing and pronto .

So heres my team and I can only pick from 22 but here it is and I feel this team would give Newport a bloody good game and maybe get me smiling (although I'm a happy soul anyway but I love Vale and I'm not accepting of them not being as great as i wish them be )as i enjoy my 6 nights off work break .

Scott 

Gibbons /Oyeleke Legge Brisley /mustapha Montano 

Hurst Oyeleke /Joyce Conlon Worrall 

Swann  Rodney 

It's a 4-4 -2 the / are either or .

I want see energy I want see Vale winning every header and I want see desire to win with 110 per cent application throughout ,what I do not want see is players standing off players and giving free headers ,free shots and a goalkeeper who is stuck on his line and seems scared stiff even though he as saved us many times and we all appreciate that but we need change and quickly 

UTV 

I’ve been thinking this mate after tranmere how can Pugh be that liked to put in such a poor performance 

also Pugh and Sinclair always seem to be yards apart when the camera goes onto the dugout 

Advert

6 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Watching Newport v Southend, Southend 1 up and by far the better team.... going off that it's an easy victory for Newport this weekend. 

Bad result for us, Southend winning and Stevenage winning awayat Tranmere, need a result quickly, can still see us getting dragged into trouble.

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Stevenage 3 behind us with a game in hand. 

Newport yet to have a shot on target against Southend.

Every team below us has at least 1 game in hand, Colchesher, Bolton and Scunthorpe have 2, Bradford and Barrow have 3.  There is still a lot to play for and starting to look anaxiously at the table again. 

5 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Every team below us has at least 1 game in hand, Colchesher, Bolton and Scunthorpe have 2, Bradford and Barrow have 3.  There is still a lot to play for and starting to look anaxiously at the table again. 

Yes we basically 3 points off 21st 

We had actually dropped even lower but Scunthorpe v Bradford was abandoned. Whichever result it was either overtook us 

Definitely nervous looks over the shoulder. 

Tranmere also deserved to lose apparently after playing us off the pitch.

It's a funny old game 

Archived