onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

13 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Re Legge, I favour the new contract trigger argument for not selecting him until someone has the authority (which Pugh hasn’t been given) to decide whether he adds sufficient (let’s face it his own form has dropped off a cliff) to justify keeping him on long term.

So why would you begrudge a excellent pro like Leon Legge another year at the Vale ,he is 100 times better than Smith and in all the games I've watched what's he had about 3 bad games in all his Vale career and ok he might be at fault for a few goals but not lots unlike his partner who keeps regressing so much he be lucky play for Leek town .

Get him in we might win a ball in from a corner than at both ends of the pitch 

My opinion UTV 

9 minutes ago, dishydave said:

We are already in a relegation battle we are just kidding ourselves that we aren't because we are 16th

Exactly

Looking at all of the games in hands we are basically 20th .

Only Stevenage Barrow Southend and Grimsby will be below us.

Even the teams above us have 2 or even 3 games in hand.

Points in the bag are always better but when the team in 20th are one point behind with 3 in hand then things are rather worrying. 

The next 3 or 4 fixtures we need some points in the bag.

Legge is an excellent pro and person. It’s not about begrudging him something, I don’t think he’s been better than Smith and he’s about 10 years older, losing any pace he ever had and has a particular contract situation that requires someone with long term involvement to make a quite expensive decision about his next selection. Pugh doesn’t have that authority which may be why he’s not featured. 

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly

Looking at all of the games in hands we are basically 20th .

Only Stevenage Barrow Southend and Grimsby will be below us.

Even the teams above us have 2 or even 3 games in hand.

Points in the bag are always better but when the team in 20th are one point behind with 3 in hand then things are rather worrying. 

The next 3 or 4 fixtures we need some points in the bag.

Where were we when Askey took over?  Tighten the defence then we will be OK.

4 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Legge is an excellent pro and person. It’s not about begrudging him something, I don’t think he’s been better than Smith and he’s about 10 years older, losing any pace he ever had and has a particular contract situation that requires someone with long term involvement to make a quite expensive decision about his next selection. Pugh doesn’t have that authority which may be why he’s not featured. 

Whole point of forums we will agree to disagree then ,maybe so but we got the authority pay a DOF but not play  and if it a pay or it triggers his renewal our most authoritative back player other than Gibbons in my view 

Re Legge, I favour the new contract trigger argument for not selecting him until someone has the authority (which Pugh hasn’t been given) to decide whether he adds sufficient (let’s face it his own form has dropped off a cliff) to justify keeping him on long term.
A deal needs to be reached to cancel the extension so rather than be forced to pay him 2k aweek next season give him 1k appearance bonus this season 18k max. In my opinion he's not worth it but if we play him until brisley is back it's got to be better than crookes

32 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

So why would you begrudge a excellent pro like Leon Legge another year at the Vale ,he is 100 times better than Smith and in all the games I've watched what's he had about 3 bad games in all his Vale career and ok he might be at fault for a few goals but not lots unlike his partner who keeps regressing so much he be lucky play for Leek town .

Get him in we might win a ball in from a corner than at both ends of the pitch 

My opinion UTV 

I agree I’ve been saying this for weeks unlike the bloke who on Saturday reckoned smith is the best centre back in league 2 perhaps it was his dad 

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Where were we when Askey took over?  Tighten the defence then we will be OK.

Not seeing the connection there.

At the moment we don't have a manger Pugh is still nursing the baby.

Also we had humdingers that were absolutely vital, Notts County away and Mansfield were pivotal in us staying up.

We don't want to get in that territory again, anyone who enjoyed Chesterfield, Notts County or Mansfield is barking mad i was a nervous wreck and i've already admitted i was so overcome with emotion  against Chesterfield i thought i was going to cry . I don't want to go through that again. 

Maybe i'm worrying over nothing, but those two results last night jolted me.

Maybe come 5-00 pm we will of beaten Newport comfortably like Southend did and can breathe much easier .

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not seeing the connection there.

At the moment we don't have a manger Pugh is still nursing the baby.

Also we had humdingers that were absolutely vital, Notts County away and Mansfield were pivotal in us staying up.

We don't want to get in that territory again, anyone who enjoyed Chesterfield, Notts County or Mansfield is barking mad i was a nervous wreck and i've already admitted i was so overcome with emotion  against Chesterfield i thought i was going to cry . I don't want to go through that again. 

Maybe i'm worrying over nothing, but those two results last night jolted me.

Maybe come 5-00 pm we will of beaten Newport comfortably like Southend did and can breathe much easier .

We have more breathing space at present, I am not so concerned yet. Flitcroft can sort it until a manager takes over.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Whole point of forums we will agree to disagree then ,maybe so but we got the authority pay a DOF but not play  and if it a pay or it triggers his renewal our most authoritative back player other than Gibbons in my view 

I’ll give you “authoritative” and I think there’s little doubt he’s better than Crookes. We now have somebody, in Flitcroft who explicitly has the authority to give the go ahead to pick him or not and maybe to negotiate something that makes that less costly, though in Legge’s position I wouldn’t be open to reducing the terms of my (possibly last) contract.

6 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

in Legge’s position I wouldn’t be open to reducing the terms of my (possibly last) contract.

I don't see how it reduces the terms. Assuming he does have (as rumoured) a clause that says if he plays again he gets a new contract, we don't want that as a club. Therefore his choice is to sit on the sidelines for the next 6 months and take his pay but not play, or change his contract to remove that clause and keep match fit, be involved, put himself in the shop window. He could also maybe even negitiate a bit of extra for removing that clause. 

I can see many mutually agreeable ways out of this. Let's see what happens.

Archived