onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Fosse69

Advert

13 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Newport's league position flatters them, for sure, but unlike previous seasons they're not really a horrible team. In fact they caught supporters on the hop at the start of the season with numerous displays of carpet football, but as the pitch has cut up so the old familiar route one habits have begun to creep back in.

Defensively they're fairly sound; a bit shaky at wingback. Their issue is they barely score goals. The midfielders hardly score. Manager Flynn has recently loaned a new forward line (average height around 5 foot 7, so Legge won't be required).

Vale have every chance of winning, provided they work hard, and do the basics right. But can they?

As for Newport's red cards.  Three of them were a case of tacklers coming off their feet, so were dumb rather than dirty.  The 4th was Labadie being a cock, though he claims he made no contact).

Wingback Shephard and midfielder Bennett are suspended. Labadie will play.

Hi mate i take it you live down there or something, have a vast knowledge of them.

I only see them on Quest. The tackle on Saturday v Grimsby was horrific, i'd say disgraceful rather than dumb.

The only player i know much about is Haynes the left back, only seen him once away last season and he was the best left back i saw all season by a country mile.

Will we finally get the "New Manager Bounce" now we have a DofF now employed.  Not that the players should need this sort of emphasis to make them play- they should be playing like that all the time.  But they usually do as they know their playing career is now in jeopardy at Vale Park so will up their game. 

Several of them must now realise that they will be released at the end of the season, as they are not able to play at the lower end of L2 - will not mention them, but most play in our defence and midfield 😉.  Saturday one of them even managed to kick the ball straight off the pitch from a free kick, not even going anywhere near a Vale player.  Sure I heard him shout - "Have It" as he kicked it.  Other times they were watching balls fly over their heads and opposition players run on to balls without a tackle going in.

Was not sure Vale would win on saturday, however, feel that we may see our new players come in and the players playing like we saw at the beginning of the season.  Feel we may even win against Newport now.  I know getting to excited and dreaming 🤪

I'm genuinely excited by today's news but I have this nagging feeling in me water.......we've still got the same players to choose from!

From what I've seen an electric cattle prod attached to each of them would be needed to get the energy levels up to required speed. There can't be massive tactical/personnel changes made in the near future so how we will "up the ante" over the next few weeks I'm not sure.

Anyrode, here's hoping and I'm looking forward to Satdee with a bit more enthusiasm than I was at 4.50 last Satdee that's for sure.....On the Vale!

On 07/02/2021 at 14:42, Wrex said:

Guthrie is a target man. Swan is a finisher. A perfect match, at leats on paper. No clue if it would work out that way in reality.

Guthrie's record over the last few years is appalling for a striker while Swan, and he may well be decent one day, has yet to score a football league goal. That's the actual reality.

Seeing as the rest of this season is basically a write off, I'm surprised that people actually care. Personally speaking the sooner half of the squad can be released from their contracts or shipped to other clubs, and some of them will be fortunate to have any takers, the better.

On 07/02/2021 at 17:11, Danish Valiant said:

Don't know why people keep posting lineups, as every week there seem to be players missing out of nowhere.

Totally agree fella to many wonna be fifa managers !!!! But guessing the usual lineup will  be 11 pussys wearing the vale shirt without any pride, presenting to be footballers who’ll get a good dicking off Newport !!!!! 

Ok lets hope Flitcroft gets our new manager in  in the coming 24 hrs .

No offence to pughs I'm sure he is well liked although you wouldnt think it how some of them played sat where there performance levels  were underwhelming to say the least and this is someone they supposedly want to play for you could have fooled me .

So team who we got .

Can our best centre half play Leon Legge ? or would rather the opposition head it in our area ?

As unless I was seeing things I didnt see our centre halfs on sat getting first to any crosses on sat thank goodness we only let them have 6 easy chances from crosses and a nice simple through ball where Crookes and Smith didnt communicate with one another and hey presto theres ya Legge up (sorrythe pun)one down the opposition done nowt deserve it but there you go anyway .

So in light of that what I witnessed theres a fair few changes I'd be making as all the crosses what come in I was not impressed that our goalie stood still like he was stuck in sinking sand ,get out catch everything ,shot stopper great ,organiser of defence needs some work doing and pronto .

So heres my team and I can only pick from 22 but here it is and I feel this team would give Newport a bloody good game and maybe get me smiling (although I'm a happy soul anyway but I love Vale and I'm not accepting of them not being as great as i wish them be )as i enjoy my 6 nights off work break .

Scott 

Gibbons /Oyeleke Legge Brisley /mustapha Montano 

Hurst Oyeleke /Joyce Conlon Worrall 

Swann  Rodney 

It's a 4-4 -2 the / are either or .

I want see energy I want see Vale winning every header and I want see desire to win with 110 per cent application throughout ,what I do not want see is players standing off players and giving free headers ,free shots and a goalkeeper who is stuck on his line and seems scared stiff even though he as saved us many times and we all appreciate that but we need change and quickly 

UTV 

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Hi mate i take it you live down there or something, have a vast knowledge of them.

I only see them on Quest. The tackle on Saturday v Grimsby was horrific, i'd say disgraceful rather than dumb.

The only player i know much about is Haynes the left back, only seen him once away last season and he was the best left back i saw all season by a country mile.

Aye Darren, ten years down here.

I remember thinking Paul Robinson's tackle on Stewart Talbot, that put him out for a season, was "horrific". Whereas in that same game Andy Porter was probably making  "robust" challenges similar to Bennett's (The Grimsby Telegraph described it as "hefty", victim Payne continued and played the full 90). Bennett deserved his red.

I like Haynes.   He may get forward more v Vale because RWB Shephard, who hit the bar v Vale earlier in the season, is suspended.

I think Worrall is the key man for Vale. Two of Newport's defenders were until recently playing in the NLS, have played only a handful of league games between them. Worrall should cause them real problems, as he did against better defenders in the corresponding fixture.

Archived