onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel: Vale fans can soon get food delivered to their seats – when they're allowed back

News Feed

Advert

So we would have someone walking about with a tray in between rows of seats delivering the food / drink.Would this be only during half time or would it start before half time? What about if starting before half time and Vale score and everyone jumps up.The food and drink could go everywhere? When the person delivering food to the customer / fan at their seat they would struggle to get along the rows of seat's.Fans would have to stand up so they could get through.Blocking the view of the person behind them who then has to stand up and so on it goes.How many pies,bags of crisps would be nicked from the tray while the delivery person is trying to get through?

22 minutes ago, melv said:

So we would have someone walking about with a tray in between rows of seats delivering the food / drink.Would this be only during half time or would it start before half time? What about if starting before half time and Vale score and everyone jumps up.The food and drink could go everywhere? When the person delivering food to the customer / fan at their seat they would struggle to get along the rows of seat's.Fans would have to stand up so they could get through.Blocking the view of the person behind them who then has to stand up and so on it goes.How many pies,bags of crisps would be nicked from the tray while the delivery person is trying to get through?

Sounds to me like this is to be put in place whilst socially distanced seating arrangements will be in place. It will help the club avoid cues forming at half time around the vendors. I think there is likely to be free rows of seats to enable easy food delivery. If we are talking about 5k people spread around the whole ground.

I don't think this is aimed as a long term service when things are back to normal. 

1 minute ago, Surrey Vale Fan 82 said:

Sounds to me like this is to be put in place whilst socially distanced seating arrangements will be in place. It will help the club avoid cues forming at half time around the vendors. I think there is likely to be free rows of seats to enable easy food delivery. If we are talking about 5k people spread around the whole ground.

I don't think this is aimed as a long term service when things are back to normal. 

Good thinking,You may well be right.Im not sure it would work in normal circumstance's when ever that may be.

17 minutes ago, Surrey Vale Fan 82 said:

Yeah I agree, I can't see it working in normal circumstances. Unless they move to some kind of click/collect type arrangement and you pre-order then collect at half time. A bit like they do in theatres. But seat delivery wouldn't work.

Surely just when there is  Covid spacing ,  say with 1 or 2 rows of seats left empty  between used rows. But no deliveries during the game.

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Surely just when there is  Covid spacing ,  say with 1 or 2 rows of seats left empty  between used rows. But no deliveries during the game.

That may well be the case.A decent newspaper would have made that point clear.Unfortunately this is the tin pot Sentinel report.

Archived