Joyce and Smith

Brian

2 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

So if Vaughan had set himself to play against smith he wouldn’t have had a sniff today seriously ffs he chose to go against crookes cos he’s even fu-king worse 

When we played them at VP goes who Vaughan played up against? It wasn't Smith that day either.

Advert:

26 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Isn’t smith part of a defence that leaks goals for fun for most of the season or he exempt from any blame 

NO of course he has. I said before he has been up and down this year and really struggled for consistent form and a bit confidence from the mess around him. He is the best CB we have by a country mile.

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

NO of course he has. I said before he has been up and down this year and really struggled for consistent form and a bit confidence from the mess around him. He is the best CB we have by a country mile.

I don’t disagree with that but the best centre back in the league 

Advert:

4 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If smith is one of the best centre backs in the league how come nobody came in for him when he wanted away in the summer 

There's a couple of things questionable about this statement, you're guessing nobady came in for him and you're guessing he wanted away.

Based on what we saw last season Smith was right up there with the best in the League.  We can't say that this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Joyce is a great pro but not good enough any more. His legs have as god as gone and he plays the game at an absolute snails pace.

Smith I've never seen the fuss about, I think he's average at best. But put him alongside someone that can run and he might be alright in a more confident team. I see him as adequate back-up.

5 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Our best midfield in 433 is  Taylor , Manny , Conlon .. pity Manny is never fit as those 3 are as good as you can get in this league 

I agree. This thread is about Joyce and Smith but if I were Manny, I would be very worried for my future because of so many recurring injuries. In his first season with us, he played 33 games but in the last two, just 21 (7 in 19-20 and 14 this season). It's such a pity because he is one of the best players we have and imho a natural replacement for Joyce. Can't see him staying, if I'm honest. 

Advert:

I think our lack of pace can be due in part to our very heavy pitch which has damaged home performances, particularly as many opponents tend to rely little on pace. 

Usually it is bad, but this autumn/winter has been very very wet and has made a usually tough pitch even worse, like running through wet cement. 

I point to the fact that earlier in the season and drier pitches, we looked far more fluid. 

Archived