onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - India v England series

robf

Advert

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Awful day again on a decent batting wicket. No idea how they’re spinners are getting so many wickets with the ball barely spinning. Really poor batting. Outstanding from Jimmy as per usual 

I'm not so sure that the wicket is that good.  At least we got over 200 scored for the first time in 5 innings!  As Sir Geoffrey would say, we can't really judge it properly until after the 2nd innings is completed.  The Indian batsmen understandably, were quite circumspect with only a few overs to bat out for close of play, but never looked totally at ease.  We shall see..........................

31 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I'm not so sure that the wicket is that good.  At least we got over 200 scored for the first time in 5 innings!  As Sir Geoffrey would say, we can't really judge it properly until after the 2nd innings is completed.  The Indian batsmen understandably, were quite circumspect with only a few overs to bat out for close of play, but never looked totally at ease.  We shall see..........................

Agree, however it didn’t seem to have any demons in it. Played ok, batters looked comfortable when in. Ironically looks alright for the quicks early days. Strange 11 for us leech and Bess are going to have to bowl very accurately and not keep giving away 3/4 an over every single over. 

The pitch is slightly better to bat on I'd say than the last 2 tests we should have been scoring 300. If pope hadn't been unlucky with his dismissal and Lawrence not given his wicket away then we may have got 300. 

I think India will score 300+  rohit is in really good form with the bat so will be hard to get out. 

15 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Meanwhile back at Port Vale ........!!!!!!!!

@rider1308 we cover a wide range of topics on OVF such as other football teams, sports and politics. However, the majority of the forum is Port Vale related with four forum sections devoted to Port Vale where there's plenty of topics on the club.

However, in this thread, we wanted to discuss the cricket and that's why it's posted in the "Other Sports" section.

If you don't want to read about it and are 100% Port Vale focussed then I would stick to the "Port Vale" section of the forum here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/forum/4-port-vale-fc/

That's one of the reason the forum is separated into sections so you have the choice. 😉

6 minutes ago, robf said:

Oh my goodness, we're being murdered once again. Pant is just a huge game changer if he's allowed a bit of time.

It would help if our spinners did not bowl full tosses or half way down the wicket seen better bowling in the north staffs league they are supposed to be the elite of english cricket do me a favour.

Bess is awful and leach is average at best there probably isn't a panesar or swann class spinner who is English at the moment. I dont particularly think this has been a good test series there's been poor batting by both sides but mainly England poor pitches poor umpiring and poor bowling by certain English bowlers. I also prefer to watch games that are close all these wins have been big wins for either team.

18 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Agree, however it didn’t seem to have any demons in it. Played ok, batters looked comfortable when in. Ironically looks alright for the quicks early days. Strange 11 for us leech and Bess are going to have to bowl very accurately and not keep giving away 3/4 an over every single over. 

England have had plenty of chances today, but also spells when the bowling was dross! The 40 mins and 10 overs after lunch (score 80-4) were a crucial turning point when Sharma & Pant suddenly scored 40 + runs in less than 11 overs.  You could see the Engand boys' heads start to drop collectively at that point.  Then the vital let-off for Pant with the LBW review was another turning point.  But all credit to India's middle lower order barsmen who have clearly shown that there are no gremlins in the pitch!

Poor from us. Thought stokes and anderson were brilliant. Leech average at best again, for me he’s not good enough. As for Bess, I think that’s about the worst bit of test bowling I’ve seen. There’s a reason he never started for Somerset. Credit to pant (thought he should have been given out with that LBW by the on field umpire) and sundar but we were clearly a bowler light especially with Bess bowling a bag of rubbish. Team selection was poor last game and just as poor this, opposite selections would have been more appropriate. Guess our only hope is we can finish them off quick tomorrow, bat well and somehow get to 300+ and then hope the pitch crumbles. I can’t see us making 200 though. 

41 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Poor from us. Thought stokes and anderson were brilliant. Leech average at best again, for me he’s not good enough. As for Bess, I think that’s about the worst bit of test bowling I’ve seen. There’s a reason he never started for Somerset. Credit to pant (thought he should have been given out with that LBW by the on field umpire) and sundar but we were clearly a bowler light especially with Bess bowling a bag of rubbish. Team selection was poor last game and just as poor this, opposite selections would have been more appropriate. Guess our only hope is we can finish them off quick tomorrow, bat well and somehow get to 300+ and then hope the pitch crumbles. I can’t see us making 200 though. 

A very fair assessment, although India is going to score in excess of 300, so we must go about our 2nd innings with the right mind-set and aim for a target of at least 200-220.  Then it will be interesting. An Indian first innings lead of 120-140 (which currently looks very likely) and we've no chance!

Archived