onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - India v England series

robf

6 minutes ago, robf said:

Fair enough, I take the point but for me he's never had anyone to build pressure with. When Ali and Bess played with him they still both leaked loads of runs so Leach has never had that chance to come in when the pressure is mounting. 

I like Bess' determination but I would actually say that he, rather than Leach, is sadly not Test class. The problem with Rashid is his dodgy shoulder probably won't stand up to five day cricket and probably not a series of five day games.

I do agree. However he has got anderson going a 1 an over at the other end here and just had kohli dropped. Leech needs to back him up 

Advert

Should be 91-3 here. Pope has left us right in the <ovf censored> dropping Kohli. He should be catching that 99 times out of 100. I think we've bowled pretty well all in all, it's just that India haven't been half as inept with the bat as we were.

3 minutes ago, ginginator said:

I find it best to keep quiet, unless you know what you are talking about.

I know what I’m talking about and can have an opinion on a forum.... he hasn’t bowled consistently and that was a poor shot by kohli. Needs to be more consistent at test level as the commentators (who know what they’re talking about) have said on numerous occasions 

Also my reply of world class leech was after the wicket and I was laughing at myself.....

Or not! Didn't realize it was the last over of the night haha. 99-3 isn't a bad effort but we're still behind the eight ball. Need to limit India to no more than 150 and than bat with a bit of sense and determination to actually keep your wicket.

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

damn smart stadium!😷

Indeed. Would look and sound great if it was full of enthusiastic, raucous home fans and the Barmy Army! 

By the way, what has happened to everyone in the crowd wearing masks and social distancing? Not required in India? Perhaps I'm just behind the times...

41 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Indeed. Would look and sound great if it was full of enthusiastic, raucous home fans and the Barmy Army! 

By the way, what has happened to everyone in the crowd wearing masks and social distancing? Not required in India? Perhaps I'm just behind the times...

I thought that myself. Also, the stadium is that big that despite looking relatively empty there was apparently either 30 or 50,000 there if I heard correctly during the commentary!

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Anyone see the stumping again? Scandalous from the third umpire. Again. 

Very, very tight decision, Rohit got the benefit of the doubt.

Thought there was something in the pitch for spinners and seamers but must admit two spinners seems the better option.

India are just better than England in this series. Crawley looked very good. 

Archived