onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - India v England series

robf

Inevitable conclusion, England lost the test match on the first day. 

I'm not too disappointed to see Moeen leaving the squad and not blaming the loss solely on him but he bowls too many bad balls that are put away to the boundary and in a low scoring game in such conditions spinners have to take wickets and be frugal. Ashwin has incredible control of the ball.

Advert

28 minutes ago, TylerB said:

England batting collapse imminent. We'll be all out for 130-150 soon enough.

Yeah your right we are garbage. None of them can bat against spin. Only root averages above 40 aswell so we are never going score lots of runs. We couldn't keep relying on root to score runs all the time. I think its pretty obvious we will lose this series 3 1.

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Yeah your right we are garbage. None of them can bat against spin. Only root averages above 40 aswell so we are never going score lots of runs. We couldn't keep relying on root to score runs all the time. I think its pretty obvious we will lose this series 3 1.

We won't even make 130. Absolutely shocking lack of discipline throughout the side. Once Root went it was inevitable. We need Jimmy to work his magic under the lights to get back in this game.

Shambles that. Well played Crawley he looked excellent, some lovely shots. The rest. Well what else can be said? Awful. I don’t understand why we aren’t more pro active. I understand it’s in India and the wickets spin, however day 1 first session the ball wasn’t jumping sideways. Just awful batting waiting to go out instead of putting pressure on the bowlers. Really poor. The line up was / is wrong that was clear. The tail starts at 8 with archer, 3 seamers on this wicket. Big mistake as well. Bess offers more with the bat. Should have played.

Awful. I don’t think India did anything special either. Bowled decent but we got out to some pretty average deliveries, eg root, sibley, stokes, pope, bairstow. Nothing difficult with any of their deliveries. 

my idea would be to swap Englands cricket team with vales first team they could not be worse in each others sport. And i will say it again if sibley is a test match opener there is something wrong with my eyes for god sake the  Aussies will be rubbing there hands together in the ashes series.

15 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Issue would be to replace him with who? We’ve already dropped burns and rightly so. Crawley is really a number 3 but doing well opening. Not sure who else there is in county cricket to actually open 

You are nt telling me there is not a better opener in english cricket than him if not we are in a serious state the trouble for many years now is the overseas players are taking the place of good young and upcoming english players thatand the white ball game is god test match players are a thing of the past now.

36 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

You are nt telling me there is not a better opener in english cricket than him if not we are in a serious state the trouble for many years now is the overseas players are taking the place of good young and upcoming english players thatand the white ball game is god test match players are a thing of the past now.

I couldn’t name one. Sibley has been either the top of one of the top scorers in county cricket recently. Think last year he got over 1k runs at an average of 70. So he surely has to be the best choice we have?  We seem really short in that department. 

Who are the options? Hameed has been awful for a while now. Jennings can’t play pace bowling. Roy we have tried and failed. I think the actual next best after Sibley last year was alsaster cook! Says it all! 

Average of our 1st partnership since the 1st game in Sri Lanka is under 12. Blatantly obvious why we struggle. Same issues as previously. Middle order players like stokes, pope ect aren’t made for early batting. Openers is once again this issue but I have no idea where else we can go other than sibley and Crawley (I’d prefer him at 3)! Meaning two openers. 

I'd prefer Crawley at 3 aswell and he did bat well today aswell. Im not sure who we could select unless we pick someone like vince or Malan who have experience but not the best of test records when given a chance. Since making that 500 odd in the first test we have made less than 200 in every innings and our performances are getting worse. India will probably get to 112 without losing a wicket or being 1 or 2 down. This is going end up being a heavy defeat again. 

Archived