onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New squad list

mr.hobblesworth

52 minutes ago, WV said:

His last social media post on insta says it hasnt worked out but it was a member of H's close family I am close to that told me about 2 weeks ago. Time will tell anyway im not in the habit of making things up believe it or not. 

I feel sorry for McKirdy, he obviously has the ability but he is obviously flawed, if he wanted to be successful at the Vale he had every chance, wasn't one of his excuses why he struggled at Carlisle was that he didn't like the travelling ?

The Carlisle manager summed him up.

Advert

1 hour ago, WV said:

His last social media post on insta says it hasnt worked out but it was a member of H's close family I am close to that told me about 2 weeks ago. Time will tell anyway im not in the habit of making things up believe it or not. 

Probably the one that plays golf 🤔🤔

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Ability and team spirit.

I absolutely dispute the ability - passes he can land on a sixpence, that goal off the volley - definately shows the ability. As for team spirit presumably you must have insider knowledge on that one, or is it that he just doesn't creep up to those with the power?

as I said before being signed by Smurf damned him before he started

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I don’t understand why he’s still training if he’s been deregistered. Even if we can’t furlough him I’d keep him away. Just another covid risk to the rest of the squad.

He is employed and paid as a footballer by Port Vale, although not registered to play in L2, he needs to train, maintain his fitness by playing in training games.  Does that mean he cannot work at home? What care responsibilities do the Vale have? Wonder how it will be resolved?

Let’s focus on the players registered and available to play. Is Swan a holder-upperer or a feeder-offerer because he’s got to play surely alongside Rodney, with Guthrie coming off the bench.

i can’t see how Amoo is ever going to be more than a 10 min sub now, which is a shame as he has his moments.

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

I don’t understand why he’s still training if he’s been deregistered. Even if we can’t furlough him I’d keep him away. Just another covid risk to the rest of the squad.

All contracts has a level of commitments, the club has to fulfill. Including adequate training, access to the health department etc. Some clubs put players they want out in the U21 or U19 team, as that qualifies as 'adequate training'.

But clubs can't just tell a player to 'don't show your face around here', just because they want him gone. Unless he has somehow breached his obligations.

Not because it's McKirdy, but I actually think that's a good thing! Both parties should have rights and obligations, in a mutually agreed contract. Common decency in a modern society to be fair.

4 hours ago, go4goal said:

I absolutely dispute the ability - passes he can land on a sixpence, that goal off the volley - definately shows the ability. As for team spirit presumably you must have insider knowledge on that one, or is it that he just doesn't creep up to those with the power?

as I said before being signed by Smurf damned him before he started

Folk on here tell me that goals against bairns in the Pizza Cup don't count as proper goals.

50 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

All contracts has a level of commitments, the club has to fulfill. Including adequate training, access to the health department etc. Some clubs put players they want out in the U21 or U19 team, as that qualifies as 'adequate training'.

But clubs can't just tell a player to 'don't show your face around here', just because they want him gone. Unless he has somehow breached his obligations.

Not because it's McKirdy, but I actually think that's a good thing! Both parties should have rights and obligations, in a mutually agreed contract. Common decency in a modern society to be fair.

In an ideal world  everything you say is right, but football isn’t an ideal world. But whilst they can’t tell a player to stay away, that player may be made to train on their own, or with the youth team, come in at early times or late times so they are kept away from the team. Everything to disrupt them and ultimately get them to leave. This situation is another reason why a player needs to have an agent for when this side of the game happens too.

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

He is employed and paid as a footballer by Port Vale, although not registered to play in L2, he needs to train, maintain his fitness by playing in training games.  Does that mean he cannot work at home? What care responsibilities do the Vale have? Wonder how it will be resolved?

56 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Both fair points. In that case I’d put him with the youth team. That way he can have access to some training, and he has less exposure to the first team meaning there’s less of a covid risk.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Let’s focus on the players registered and available to play. Is Swan a holder-upperer or a feeder-offerer because he’s got to play surely alongside Rodney, with Guthrie coming off the bench.

Swan is a forward with good movement, first touch, awareness and finishing skills.[11]

With nine goals in as many games, albeit three divisions down, that suggests he's definitely the bloke who sticks the ball in the net at the end of the play rather than setting up others and holding up the ball.

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Both fair points. In that case I’d put him with the youth team. That way he can have access to some training, and he has less exposure to the first team meaning there’s less of a covid risk.

He's a winger, not a super spreader

3 hours ago, Wrex said:

He's a winger, not a super spreader

Yes, but he’s not in the squad, so when we are trying to socially distance as much as possible, why have someone training in the first team who’s not part of it? He’s one extra risk that’s unnecessary. 

19 hours ago, WV said:

I know that WV i would believe you more than most on here. By the way are you still living in that little village over the border.

Archived