onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New squad list

mr.hobblesworth

44 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Agree Sage.  Theo being paid and doesn’t seem to be a trouble maker, just didn’t fit Askeys style.

Has scored goals at this level, and a fresh start under Pugh / new manager will hopefully either see him start scoring for us, or at least lead to a move in the summer

Hopefully the fans will give him a fresh start. You don't play 400-odd games if you're just rubbish.

Advert

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Hopefully the fans will give him a fresh start. You don't play 400-odd games if you're just rubbish.

There’s quite a few players who’ve played similar to that amount who are more than rubbish. 

Mckirdy must be a real bad egg if weve chosen robinson over him. (Already having Rodney, Guthrie, pope, swan & Cullen yet a lack of wingers)

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Looks sensible to me. 

McKirdy, T-Smith and Visser deleted from the above list, I think, so 22 senior pros and the 3 young lads on loan.

It's pretty sad news for Visser but if he's got a bad injury we can do little else.

Unless you have ‘P’ in your surname.

23 hours ago, philmpv said:
On 02/02/2021 at 14:27, Iron Curtain said:
I wonder if they negotiated that clause away... Legge posted his new profile pic on twitter the day before Transfer deadline which was him in full vale kit.... seemed like a strange move for someone who was definitely moving.
Given he hasn't moved, we will have to pay his wages to the end of the year anyway. So is it worth us chucking him a couple of grand to remove that clause so we can use him as a backup just in case it all goes wrong with injuries?

I think the person(s) who agreed to such a clause (if there is one) being in the contract of a player who will be 36 before his current contract expires wants sacking, imho!

Again I think this is one of those Vale myths banded around. Rumours went around last time he was out of the squad that it was appearance based and lo and behold he came back to make more.

I think more realistically his form dipped and he has been rested. 

Will Theo take his chances this time and score goals for even look like he wants to put a shift in.  Or will it be the same Theo as before, where he looked like he was going through the motions and happy to just take the money without putting any effort in. Wasn't helped by lack of game time and playing 1 striker up front.

Most fans will give him a second chance if he looks like he's trying.

Again I think this is one of those Vale myths banded around. Rumours went around last time he was out of the squad that it was appearance based and lo and behold he came back to make more.
I think more realistically his form dipped and he has been rested. 
Askey did confirm that in an interview just after Carol took over. He said when he came to the club he found himself in a bizarre situation where people weren't being played because they were reaching the limit of their contract extension. Either way we know it goes on in football and to me it's the only logical reason not to have him in the 18 on match day.
Legge has been a great servant and leader of port vale but we definitely don't want him here next year talking up a big chunk of budget.

For me, this illustrates a major issue with the squad limits. Clubs often keep senior pros on, often on reduced or pay-as-you-play deals, get them to help with coaching and can rest safe in the knowledge that if there's an injury crisis or breakout of an illness, there are some old heads to rely on. Instead, I can see hundreds of over 30s being released at the end of the season. I'm surprised the PFA haven't tried to intervene.

Will Theo take his chances this time and score goals for even look like he wants to put a shift in.  Or will it be the same Theo as before, where he looked like he was going through the motions and happy to just take the money without putting any effort in. Wasn't helped by lack of game time and playing 1 striker up front.
What needs to change is his lack of effort I don't think he's even going through the motions he looks like he doesn't care. Guthrie hasn't scored but I've been really impressed with him and sometimes that's all it takes to win the fans over

4 minutes ago, dishydave said:
26 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

What needs to change is his lack of effort I don't think he's even going through the motions he looks like he doesn't care. Guthrie hasn't scored but I've been really impressed with him and sometimes that's all it takes to win the fans over

Robinson wont be able to score goals unless he is in the team and to be anywhere near that he has to work his shotties off in training. Guthrie looks hungry and is making folk notice him for his efforts. Robinson was noticed more for his lack of movement and drive. Whether its Pugh or a new feller in charge the first thing that both would want to see is a change in Robinson's all round work rate. If you dont look interested, even when you are, then folk will believe the worst of you.

37 minutes ago, pensioner said:

Where WV  ?   He was not mentioned in any transfer news on deadline day.   Who was it who told you or have you been sworn to secrecy ?  

Someone who knows more than me. I did mention it on here recently but someone said he was still training with us. So will see but im not surprised he isn't in the squad. 

Archived