onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New squad list

mr.hobblesworth

Apparently, today we have to decide on the 22 over 21s who go on the squad list for the rest of the season. Going off wikipedia, we have the following on our books.

GK 1 England Scott Brown 27 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 29 0
DF 2 England James Gibbons 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 5 0
DF 3 England Adam Crookes 8 1 1 0 1 0 4 0 14 1
MF 4 England Luke Joyce 23 0 1 0 2 0 2 0 28 0
DF 5 England Leon Legge 20 3 1 0 1 0 1 0 23 3
DF 6 England Nathan Smith 25 2 1 0 1 0 4 0 31 2
MF 7 England David Worrall 22 2 1 0 2 0 1 0 26 2
MF 8 England Manny Oyeleke 11 2 0 0 1 0 2 0 14 2
FW 9 England Tom Pope 14 3 1 0 0 0 3 0 18 3
MF 10 England Tom Conlon 23 5 1 0 1 0 4 0 29 5
MF 11 Colombia Cristian Montaño 15 3 0 0 1 0 4 1 20 4
FW 12 Jamaica Theo Robinson 14 1 1 0 2 1 5 2 22 4
FW 13 England Mark Cullen 10 2 0 0 1 0 3 1 14 3
FW 14 England Kurtis Guthrie 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0
DF 15 England Zak Mills 15 0 0 0 2 1 2 1 19 2
DF 16 England Shaun Brisley 13 1 0 0 1 0 4 0 18 1
MF 17 England Jake Taylor 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 5 0
MF 18 England Danny Whitehead 10 0 0 0 2 1 3 0 15 0
MF 19 England David Amoo 16 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 19 1
MF 20 England Scott Burgess 18 0 1 0 2 0 4 0 25 0
FW 21 England Devante Rodney 24 9 0 0 1 0 3 1 28 10
MF 22 England Harry McKirdy 5 0 1 0 1 0 2 2 9 2

DF 24 England David Fitzpatrick 22 0 0 0 1 0 4 0 27 0
MF 25 England Daniel Trickett-Smith 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2 0

GK 30 South Africa Dino Visser 0 0 0 0 1 0 5 0 6 0

I've deleted Ryan Campbell-Gordon, Alex Hurst, yesterday's 2 signings and the new keeper as I don't think they need to be listed due to age.

That leaves us with 25 22+ year olds on the books, so we need to delist at least 3.

I think one should be Visser. Seems terribly cruel, particularly when it might well be down to our inappropriate training methods that he got injured, but there doesn't seem to be any point in having him in the squad.

Another would be Trickett-Smith. People on here whose opinions I value rated the bloke but I think 3 managers now haven't seen anything in him and he seems to have found his level at Leek.

Third would, unfortunately, be Legge. I like him, would like him to stick around and if he didn't that rumoured clause in his contract meaning we'd have to offer him another year then I'd keep him. 

That would mean registering McKirdy and Robinson and letting the next manager decide if there's anything there he likes.

Advert

I presume Pope will be fit again before the end of the season? 

I guess Legge has to be it if he has a contact clause. Even if there is an injury crisis at CB I don't think Vale are going to risk playing him and activating that. If the club are reasonably safe they may as well blood a youth teamer or play someone out of position rather than shell out another year on a veteran.

Isn't it too late now? Does anyone know when the deadline for the squad list is?

I'm guessing Pugh/the management team will stick with Trickett-Smith, McKirdy and Robinson as the unregistered three. You make sense with changing the latter two with Viser and Legge but I'm guessing they'll tried to have it so that once you get deregistered you stay deregistered. It's a bit of a nuclear option so I don't think they'd want players coming in and out of the list.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Robinson was training with the first 11 today, not sure if that means anything but the official page put a video on of the new lads and Robinson was there 

Feel a bit for Theo. Yes he has been rubbish but his attitude has been spot on from what I have seen. 

3 hours ago, robf said:

I presume Pope will be fit again before the end of the season? 

I guess Legge has to be it if he has a contact clause. Even if there is an injury crisis at CB I don't think Vale are going to risk playing him and activating that. If the club are reasonably safe they may as well blood a youth teamer or play someone out of position rather than shell out another year on a veteran.

I wonder if they negotiated that clause away... Legge posted his new profile pic on twitter the day before Transfer deadline which was him in full vale kit.... seemed like a strange move for someone who was definitely moving.

Given he hasn't moved, we will have to pay his wages to the end of the year anyway. So is it worth us chucking him a couple of grand to remove that clause so we can use him as a backup just in case it all goes wrong with injuries?

I wonder if they negotiated that clause away... Legge posted his new profile pic on twitter the day before Transfer deadline which was him in full vale kit.... seemed like a strange move for someone who was definitely moving.
Given he hasn't moved, we will have to pay his wages to the end of the year anyway. So is it worth us chucking him a couple of grand to remove that clause so we can use him as a backup just in case it all goes wrong with injuries?
I think the person(s) who agreed to such a clause (if there is one) being in the contract of a player who will be 36 before his current contract expires wants sacking, imho!

I agree it makes sense to bring in the seniors such as McKirdy, Theo and Legge (the last one being the most debatable)

Deregistering was I suspect trying to get them out of the door, but seeing as they are still here not including them now we are stuck with them (with the exception of Legge who I get would be a daft pick if he still has that clause) for a new manager to look at would seem daft 

47 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Absolutely, that would make sense especially as we don't have too much experience in the central defence. He's certainly be useful cover to have just so long as his next appearance doesn't cost a year in wages!

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Interesting that Legge got a place over McKirdy.

I assume one is use in case of emergency, the other don’t touch with a barge pole!

Maybe there are a few games left in Leggeys deal before he triggers the extra year, or maybe he has waived his right to the extension

Archived