Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Personally not sure what Birchall said that was wrong yesterday, he was saying we were better than Tuesday which we were, was saying that we are bang in trouble and not too good to go down which is the case.  I much sooner have people who say it how it is rather than some who never have a bad thing to say despite how hopeless some of the performances can be.

I thought CB was spot on. No point saying everything's great when it obviously isn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A clip of Bowers just got tweeted by the Accidental Partridge twitter account.    

One person who I really can't stand is that Stokie woman they have in the studio. Mrs Mogadon. Just such a boring flat delivery to everything she says.

Blimey, does no-one on here ever make mistakes? We all have the advantage of the stream and replays. Those guys don't (dunno why but them's the rules) and were stuck in a corner of the LS miles away f

On 01/02/2021 at 18:59, Playa Amodores said:

Bring back George Andrews

"Promising this for Port Vale now, free kick in a dangerous looking position. Good chance for the vale this.  Musslewhite to take it......."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thought they were a joke Saturday. Usually are though to be fair. Blakeman is painful to listen to. Saturday it just seemed like they couldn’t wait for us to concede. 
 

As others have said the whole programme itself is just poor. Cambridge fans having to listen to that at half time. Typical of radio stoke. Prefer listen to the Tranmere commentators. 

Edited by valiant_593

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought they were a joke Saturday. Usually are though to be fair. Blakeman is painful to listen to. Saturday it just seemed like they couldn’t wait for us to concede. 
 

As others have said the whole programme itself is just poor. Cambridge fans having to listen to that at half time. Typical of radio stoke. Prefer listen to the Tranmere commentators. 

I nearly broke my own back cringing last tuesday when Blakeman went on about Birchalls aftershave.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy listening to Phil Bowers commentary and especially with Yatesy or Birchy.  Phil is a Vale fan and the other 2 played for us so lets be fair  all 3 are fans of the Vale.  The  dross we have experienced this season must be hard to spin positively on the radio, take a look at our league position if you have any doubts.  As regards them waxing lyrical over opposition players perhaps its just wishful thinking. As they say on Bullseye , look what you could have won.

But hey we are all different and am fully aware that one mans meat is another mans poison.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


12 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I enjoy listening to Phil Bowers commentary and especially with Yatesy or Birchy.  Phil is a Vale fan and the other 2 played for us so lets be fair  all 3 are fans of the Vale.  The  dross we have experienced this season must be hard to spin positively on the radio, take a look at our league position if you have any doubts.  As regards them waxing lyrical over opposition players perhaps its just wishful thinking. As they say on Bullseye , look what you could have won.

But hey we are all different and am fully aware that one mans meat is another mans poison.

Well said . Man in the pub . You are so very funny . I agree . With all you say . It’s hard to say anything when vale have been playing so poor . What else can Phil say ..He’s a True vale fan . And Like us all . we just want Vale to start playing a Lot better and start getting some Goals . And start winning some Games .  I do think Phil Bowers . Tell it how it is .. ((. Come on the vale )) . Good Luck for  nights tomorrow’s game. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

I thought CB was spot on. No point saying everything's great when it obviously isn't.

Things are not good obvious, but saturdays performance bore no relationship to the stevenage game and yet he continued to knock them based on Tuesdays game, he did backtrack in the second half when he realised he was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just been trying to find out who does Salford commentary and I think it may well not be the BBC. I may be wrong on that but if not, that may cause an interesting issue for Tuesday. I can't imagine Radio Stoke will take away commentary from a non-BBC source.

However, it got me thinking. When England played cricket in New Zealand recently, the TMS team couldn't travel and so they did commentary by watching a TV stream. It's the sort of thing TalkSport have also done in the past.

Why, if radio crew can't travel due to restrictions, can't Radio Stoke simply commentate while watching a live stream?

They wouldn't have to travel, Vale fans would get familiar rather than opposition commentators and that issue of "we don't see the replays" which is often mentioned in the current commentaries would also be a thing of the past.

Is there some reason why not? I'm sure that as media partners, Radio Stoke probably get free streams anyhow but even if not, shelling out a tenner a game isn't much is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, robf said:

I've just been trying to find out who does Salford commentary and I think it may well not be the BBC. I may be wrong on that but if not, that may cause an interesting issue for Tuesday. I can't imagine Radio Stoke will take away commentary from a non-BBC source.

However, it got me thinking. When England played cricket in New Zealand recently, the TMS team couldn't travel and so they did commentary by watching a TV stream. It's the sort of thing TalkSport have also done in the past.

Why, if radio crew can't travel due to restrictions, can't Radio Stoke simply commentate while watching a live stream?

They wouldn't have to travel, Vale fans would get familiar rather than opposition commentators and that issue of "we don't see the replays" which is often mentioned in the current commentaries would also be a thing of the past.

Is there some reason why not? I'm sure that as media partners, Radio Stoke probably get free streams anyhow but even if not, shelling out a tenner a game isn't much is it?

Im not too sure but haven't radio stoke done this for a couple of games? Maybe not ours but I'm sure theyve done some of their commentaries watching from the studio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ginge said:

Im not too sure but haven't radio stoke done this for a couple of games? Maybe not ours but I'm sure theyve done some of their commentaries watching from the studio?

I got the feeling the Brentford one was on Saturday. I am sure there was reference to "seeing replays" on the bit while we waited for Vale's delayed kick-off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


3 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Radio Stoke for most away games do the commentary from a live stream of the game in a studio

That was the case for Leyton Orient a couple of weeks back

I am not sure "most" is accurate...

Out of the last four Vale away games, both Tranmere and FGR have been opposition commentary and I think Scunthorpe was too. So, that's only one (Orient) of the last four.

I'm just a little bemused why, if they do it for Orient or Brentford they don't just do it for all of the away games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I enjoy listening to Phil Bowers commentary and especially with Yatesy or Birchy.  Phil is a Vale fan and the other 2 played for us so lets be fair  all 3 are fans of the Vale.  The  dross we have experienced this season must be hard to spin positively on the radio, take a look at our league position if you have any doubts.  As regards them waxing lyrical over opposition players perhaps its just wishful thinking. As they say on Bullseye , look what you could have won.

But hey we are all different and am fully aware that one mans meat is another mans poison.

I don’t mind bowers at all, think he’s comfortably the best of the radio Stoke commentators. Didn’t really enjoy it Saturday though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robf said:

I am not sure "most" is accurate...

Out of the last four Vale away games, both Tranmere and FGR have been opposition commentary and I think Scunthorpe was too. So, that's only one (Orient) of the last four.

I'm just a little bemused why, if they do it for Orient or Brentford they don't just do it for all of the away games.

My commentary for Orient was definitely from their end. It was good that they weren't biased at all and I enjoyed their analysis. 

Didn't bother with Tranny but felt the FGR people were quite patronising towards ourselves and very biased. 

It must be difficult I guess not to show bias but if they are aware it's being provided to the away team they ought to rein it in a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think anyone would care about the commentary if we were winning games. I quite like listening to Phil tbh, everybody's different i suppose. I can't listen to Angela Smith though, she does just grate on the ear drums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, connor hackett said:

Don't think anyone would care about the commentary if we were winning games. I quite like listening to Phil tbh, everybody's different i suppose. I can't listen to Angela Smith though, she does just grate on the ear drums.

You are not allowed to criticse women commentating on football I got mullered for that, there are men just as bad don't you know !

 Karen Carney for instance may have been a bloody good footballer but her voice is not suited to commentary ( Analysis maybe ) best immitation of nails down a blackboard you'll get, she's there as a box ticking exercise.

Angela Smith is there as a sop to Stoke City FC.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


I don't listen to RS at all, I used to tune in when Old Sage had got you know who in his cross hairs other than that. it has no interest, I listen to Ale & Vale for views and talking points, they don't sugar coat short comings and tell it as it is ....Fair enough.

I did turn the sound off after 20minutes on Saturday thinking at the time Birchall is not happy with the Vale for some reason and it was the tone that was irritating especially when Cambridge's were made out to be the equivalent of European Champions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, connor hackett said:

Don't think anyone would care about the commentary if we were winning games. I quite like listening to Phil tbh, everybody's different i suppose. I can't listen to Angela Smith though, she does just grate on the ear drums.

True in part but it was exceptionally downbeat on Saturday. I’m a glass half full type and I had to mute them at half time.

Angela is a typical Stoke fan.  Let’s be honest, they all grate on the eardrums when they’re talking anything football related.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Just remember this, Birchall is not on any of the lists in Vales best 11 thread

And one of the very few ex Vale players not currently on the coaching staff. 🙂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...