Advert:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A clip of Bowers just got tweeted by the Accidental Partridge twitter account.    

One person who I really can't stand is that Stokie woman they have in the studio. Mrs Mogadon. Just such a boring flat delivery to everything she says.

Blimey, does no-one on here ever make mistakes? We all have the advantage of the stream and replays. Those guys don't (dunno why but them's the rules) and were stuck in a corner of the LS miles away f

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Sorry, but I have left Radio Stoke for good. My time was up and I was fed up being used. 

Sad to hear that Ray, but hope you and Mick Cullerton are ok.Thanks for the memories 👍👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, southvale said:

Blakeman sandoz and Yates I can tolerate. The rest r classic local radio, remind me of Alan partridge!

Yep. Forget who it was on Saturday but I said at the time that the commentary was Partridge-esque. He went on a really petty little rant about people picking him up on crediting Taylor for the goal. He has that same peevish need to have the last word.

• Like 3

Matt Sandoz is the best imo. Phil is alright but he talks too much about other things for me, and I can’t abide Blakeman’s arrogance. Blakeman also gets overly excited when the balls nowhere near the goal which annoys me.

In terms of summariser roll. I did like both Cullerton and Ray Williams, both told it how it was and I generally agreed with what they said so I thought they had a fair view on the game. Yates and Birchall have both been decent when on. I’m really not a fan of Sproson though. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a Vale legend, but his favouritism of certain players, namely the ones he’s the agent of, really aggravates me. It also irks me how he still mispronounces Conlon’s name.

Edited by Powerline

Advert:

8 hours ago, southvale said:

Smith crooks and Taylor were all credited at different times with that goal on sat!!

Blimey, does no-one on here ever make mistakes? We all have the advantage of the stream and replays. Those guys don't (dunno why but them's the rules) and were stuck in a corner of the LS miles away from a goalmouth scramble at the Hamil End and with a load of players obscuring the view between them and the Vale player who poked the ball in. They have to give an instant judgement call on who they think scored. They then acknowledged their mistake and corrected it. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

I am fine with all the Radio Stoke commentators for the Vale. They each have their own style.

At least none of them are female (joke).

watch out for flying knives matey!😊

Advert:

18 minutes ago, robf said:

Blimey, does no-one on here ever make mistakes? We all have the advantage of the stream and replays. Those guys don't (dunno why but them's the rules) and were stuck in a corner of the LS miles away from a goalmouth scramble at the Hamil End and with a load of players obscuring the view between them and the Vale player who poked the ball in. They have to give an instant judgement call on who they think scored. They then acknowledged their mistake and corrected it. 

its the same view as most supporters get and of course, they are always right! (arent they?????😉

• Like 1

Yates is top of my list and Birchall is ok. In the main, I’d rather listen to the other side’s commentary than the other RS ones. One of them (? Bowers) thinks he’s funny and has a habit of complaining about his treatment on social media which basically makes me want to criticise him on social media.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They are alright, they do seem to have some player favourites and some who can do no right, but I guess that is the same with fans. Just human nature. Sproson is in a tricky situation because of a potential conflict of interests but he is otherwise pretty good on the overall state of the game.

Yates certainly says it as he sees it. I guess also they have a tricky job now commentating for both a viewing and listening audience. So if you are watching it sometimes seems like they talk to much. But if you also have an audience just listening I guess you have to keep talking. Hence some of the whittering I suppose. I do agree with the above comment about why don't they have ifollow so they can watch the replays and correct themselves if they have got it wrong? Usually they are corrected by people who are watching on ifollow.

Did I imagine it or was Griff the side-kick once? And he was good. Surprisingly quietly spoken. I suppose he can't now with being on the coaching staff.

19 hours ago, Pops said:

Sorry, but I have left Radio Stoke for good. My time was up and I was fed up being used. 

Sorry to hear that Ray. On a personal note, you were a class striker and the best nous to identify a player that we've ever had at the Vale.

Keep well ☺️

• Like 2

I like 'em all, they all have their good points and not so good points. 

Remember listening to a Bristol Rovers feed a few years ago when there was a problem with the Radio Stoke feed, it was hilarious as it seemed like they'd dragged two farmers out of a field.

Recently we've had to listen to the opposition commentary because of Covid, it's interesting getting their take on Vale players and the club. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Not a fan of blakeman. Has that attitude that he’s better than others. Don’t rate his commentary either. The others im more than fine with. Used to like Ray Williams on there said it how it was. Bowers and Sandoz are decent though 

• Like 1

Reading through this topic illustrates the truth of that old adage, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.  In other words we're all a bunch of awkward tossers.

Personally I don't have an issue with any of the commentators, or pundits, if they get tiring just switch 'em off.

My only minor gripe is that I'd like to see more pundits used rather than the same old regulars, but logistics, and COVID currently, may make this difficult.  I always think Van der Laan talks sense and comes across well whenever he's on..

• Like 2