onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke Commentary

PVFC_4_EVA

Advert

Sandoz is a decent commentator IMO. The best on Radio Stoke anyway.

A guy did one of our home night matches earlier this season (v Cheltenham?) that was also good - he actually described the match without going off on stupid tangents.

I agree that Yates is a good pundit - in fact, he talks a better game than he played it! (cue horror from some that think he's the best right-back Vale have had!)

Cullerton was the best pundit they had though - always said it as it was.

Bowers & Sproson are big Vale fans and care passionately about the club.

Sproey is also a true legend as a former player.

Heavily criticised by a specific number of posters on here who create their own interpretation of anything he says simply because he is the agent for some of our players.

The fact that compared to other agents he has always been commended by the Vale off field Management as someone who is very caring for the club as well as looking after his players best interest seems to fly way over their heads.

I think they all do OK. They aren't great but it is a difficult job.

One thing I wish they would do though is get a laptop, tablet or phone and get an ifollow subscription. I would imagine its behind play anyway if not set it back 10 seconds. Then when the ball is out of play they could tell us what actually happened rather than keep telling us they don't have a replay or spend 10 minutes telling us the wrong goalscorer.

I like Blakeman's excitement when he commentates.  The scouser who filled in for Bowers commentated one of our home games I thought was excellent as he just described the action -can't remember which game.

Bowers is OK when he sticks to the match rather than rambling on about how his goalkeeping for RS ,wrestling or Star Wars.One thing I really like about him is he is a genuine Vale fan.

I don't rate the pundits to be honest. Sproey makes sense sometimes but can't pronounce players names and shows far too much bias towards his own players. Yates bugs me the way he keeps referring to "the football club" like he's not a bloody part of it and again I think he shows bias towards certain individuals in the team.

I miss Ray. He's miserable as hell which is a good foil for commentator. He describes what's happening with his opinion,without bias. I don't necessarily agree how he see's but I respect what he says more than an other pundit after all them years scouting players.

Radio sjoke only have serious interest in the knuckle draggers down the road, any commentary and or anything to do with the Vale is treated as second rate. It’ll never happen but wish we had our station especially on match days. I’ll use signal radio as a good example of Sjoke <ovf censored> this sjoke <ovf censored> that. Anyone who didn’t know any better would think they were the dogs !!! 

Most considered pundit over the last 10 years has been Mick Cullerton. Hope he's doing OK.

Be interesting to have both Cullerton and Ray Williams on together to gauge how similar  or otherwise their respective views are.

In fact, it was good to hear Brian Horton on P&G last week, let's get the three of them on together. -  I know, I'm getting carried away now.

32 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Most considered pundit over the last 10 years has been Mick Cullerton. Hope he's doing OK.

Be interesting to have both Cullerton and Ray Williams on together to gauge how similar  or otherwise their respective views are.

In fact, it was good to hear Brian Horton on P&G last week, let's get the three of them on together. -  I know, I'm getting carried away now.

Sorry, but I have left Radio Stoke for good. My time was up and I was fed up being used. 

Archived