onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke Commentary

PVFC_4_EVA

7 hours ago, Mario said:

He didn't call you out because you criticised him how I saw it was he wanted you to give him feed back, it was a request if you are uncomfortable with fronting him then ok.

Let us put aside that he is ' one of our own ' as people so readily trot out.

Anyone in the media is fair game, i have not made a personal attack , i just don't rate his commentary. I have made no personal derogatory comment unlike umpteen i've seen about Blakeman .

Why on earth should i have to contact him to explain what i don't like about it ? Absolutely ridiculous.

I've spoken to him on a few occasions on Praise and Grumble before i decided i'm not being allowed my opinion by Blakeman who constantly talks over me and argues the opposite side of the coin and has a list of counter arguments to suit his viewpoint.

I'll tell you what i don't like, when it often becomes like two mates chatting tripe in the pub. I talk enough tripe of my own. Constant references to Wrestling which i only know about because of my son. A good friend of mine is 73 and has actually asked who is John Cena and Ray Mysterio , why does he need to reference his own liking for that ? There is too much other stuff rather than concentrating on the match. Pally in jokes about football at Dimensions, what do the opposition fans make of that i wonder in these Covid times. 

We had a lad possibly called Tom who did a Home night match this season, Cheltenham is a possibility and he was excellent, just concentrated totally on the game without in house matey jokes. Likewise i personally felt the Leyton Orient commentary was very good. 

I can't afford Sky so listen to Radio 5 a lot and watch Football coverage on the Beeb.

I like John Murray, Dion Dublin, Eilidh Barbour, Guy Mowbray, Trevor Sinclair pre racist attack on the Police, Leon Osman, Gabby Yorath .

Dislike Robbie Savage, Chris Sutton, Alan Green , Alex Scott, Karen Carney

It is just my personal opinion that is it. I'm sure people on here can't stand some of the people i like and vice versa like the ones i dislike.

Radio Stoke is simply awful it is as simple as that. Cringeworthy in fact. 

Do i dislike Phil Bowers, of course not, i'm sure he's a great bloke, but i'm allowed to say that i aren't particularly enamoured by his commentary nor his buddy Blakeman. A personal opinion is all it is and to have to try and contact the bloke to explain why is frankly ridiculous. 

All this is born out of ' He's one of our own ' whereas people can abuse Blakeman to high heaven and not get challenged. 

Radio Stoke Sport is a mish mash of Alan Partridge and David Brent whether it is Stoke or Vale coverage, dreadful . 

Advert

34 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Anyone in the media is fair game, i have not made a personal attack , i just don't rate his commentary. I have made no personal derogatory comment unlike umpteen i've seen about Blakeman .

Why on earth should i have to contact him to explain what i don't like about it ? Absolutely ridiculous.

I've spoken to him on a few occasions on Praise and Grumble before i decided i'm not being allowed my opinion by Blakeman who constantly talks over me and argues the opposite side of the coin and has a list of counter arguments to suit his viewpoint.

I'll tell you what i don't like, when it often becomes like two mates chatting tripe in the pub. I talk enough tripe of my own. Constant references to Wrestling which i only know about because of my son. A good friend of mine is 73 and has actually asked who is John Cena and Ray Mysterio , why does he need to reference his own liking for that ? There is too much other stuff rather than concentrating on the match. Pally in jokes about football at Dimensions, what do the opposition fans make of that i wonder in these Covid times. 

We had a lad possibly called Tom who did a Home night match this season, Cheltenham is a possibility and he was excellent, just concentrated totally on the game without in house matey jokes. Likewise i personally felt the Leyton Orient commentary was very good. 

I can't afford Sky so listen to Radio 5 a lot and watch Football coverage on the Beeb.

I like John Murray, Dion Dublin, Eilidh Barbour, Guy Mowbray, Trevor Sinclair pre racist attack on the Police, Leon Osman, Gabby Yorath .

It is just my personal opinion that is it. I'm sure people on here can't stand some of the people i like and vice versa like the ones i dislike.

Do i dislike Phil Bowers, of course not, i'm sure he's a great bloke, but i'm allowed to say that i aren't particularly enamoured by his commentary nor his buddy Blakeman. A personal opinion is all it is and to have to try and contact the bloke to explain why is frankly ridiculous. 

All this is born out of ' He's one of our own ' whereas people can abuse Blakeman to high heaven and not get challenged. 

Radio Stoke Sport is a mish mash of Alan Partridge and David Brent whether it is Stoke or Vale coverage, dreadful . 

I totally agree with that mate radio sjoke is total sh-te and so biased towards the lardies I haven’t tuned in for a year or more 

Thats the beauty of it , no one is forced to listen. Commentators have their individual style whatever programme you listen to with some a more preferred choice.  Also no one is perfect , been at the match and seen someone score at the opposite end and wasnt sure who it was , got players identity wrong just chatting amongst ourselves during the game. 

As regards Phil Bowers his asides I find amusing and add/ distract from our woeful performances on the pitch. It is like listening to Test Match Special when they discuss pigeons on the pitch, Double Decker Buses going past. Its not every ones cup of tea or cake, another one of their favourite topics. 

10 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Agee with most of that.

Don't understand how disliking Alex Scott is possible, but we're best leaving that there.

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Give it a rest, pal. We've heard the disgraceful standard of other radio stations, like Orient, Cheltenham and Tranmere. Yes Phil is quirky, but he does a decent job. And people in the media aren't all fair game. Who takes a pop at you on social media for how you do your job? Bowers isn't exactly getting the full Gary Neville package at Radio Stoke. 

His wrestling references are so brief, they make no difference to the overall experience. They might stick in your craw, but give the guy a break.

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Give it a rest, pal. We've heard the disgraceful standard of other radio stations, like Orient, Cheltenham and Tranmere. Yes Phil is quirky, but he does a decent job. And people in the media aren't all fair game. Who takes a pop at you on social media for how you do your job? Bowers isn't exactly getting the full Gary Neville package at Radio Stoke. 

His wrestling references are so brief, they make no difference to the overall experience. They might stick in your craw, but give the guy a break.

Orient ? 

Totally unbiased decent away commentary

Just now, Moz said:

Wow

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Orient ? 

Totally unbiased decent away commentary

Orient was horrendous. That said, I didn't go mental about it at the time, because I realised that those commentators don't earn much and do their best.

Just now, darren1810 said:

All about opinions Phil 

No. I'm tired of the idea that Bowers should take the criticism he does "because he's in the media." He does ok and probably earns less than most people on here. Give him a break.

Archived